Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hairy topic.

By hairy I mean dicey. I want to keep this as serious as possible. (I even learned how to spel racism the right way, just for the purpose of keeping it serious)

Everyone talks about racism towards african american, but what about racism agianst whites?

I was looking at this magazine today, and I saw a poster, it was 2 sided. On one side it depicted an african american male with the head of a white male with only the spine attached. On the other side, it showed an african american breaking a white persons back, via slamming them down onto their knee. On that side it said "Respect the architect, or get broken"

I didnt have any money to buy it right now, but Im going back today to pick it up. Ill quote some of the more disturbing things, that they say.
It suprises me, if it would have been a white magazine, and these things were said about african american's, it would be all over the news, sued, shut down, etc etc. But its not, so no one hears about it. Ill post moer quotes when I have it.
Please dont lock, and please be serious. I know its a touchie subject, and I dont want anyone getting offended.

***NOTE TO MODS - Please snip posts, instead of locking the whole thread. I know this is a touchy subject.
NOTE - Please, dont attack anyone personally, becuase of this jedimaster has left the thread. I want everyone welcome to a nice friendly debate. I wanted to call someone stupid, but for the sake of the thread I didnt.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
What magazine was this? Who ran the ad?

When it all comes down to it, evolutionary theory predicts that the original "human" came from Africa and was therefore black. I don't know quite how that could be construed to mean that Africans are the architects of humanity. That would imply some sort of conscious design effort in a situation where random mutations and environmental pressures were the true catalysts.

Of course, the typical American version of the Bible says that Adam and Eve were hopping around in the Garden of Eden somewhere between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers. Somehow, these two white people, living in the Mid-East, begat a bunch of darker skinned children. Right. :rolleyes:

Either way, I think we'd all have to see the advertisment to form an actual opinion about the propriety of the images and words. I also think that until white people are a minority, there cannot truly be "reverse-racism." Racism requires two things, prejudice and power. Unfortunately, white people still hold the power.

·
Banned
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everyone knows eminem VS benzino right? Well eminem owned benzio in a diss track. Benizno got mad, and published **** about white people in his magazine "the source". They give eminem's movie and cd's really bad reviews, while benizo got very good. Coincedence? Eminem sold 650 thousand cd's in his first week, while benzino sold 14 thousand. Benzino isnt underground either.

Here's one quote I could find from the article, not advertisement. This whole issue is basicly dissing on white people, but this is where its the strongest, okay, quote from a quick scan.

Before I write that, the quote about the architect was about hiphop.
In other words, Black is the only true hiphop.

Okay for the quote
"The white race is the cancer of history. It is the white race and it alone---its ideologies and inventions---which eradicates autonomous civilizations wherever it spreads, which has upset the ecological balance of the planet, which now threatens the very existence of life itself."

Ill read more into in a bit.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I heard Benzino on Hot 97 in NY, they were interviewing him and asking about Eminem. He kept calling Eminem a "cracker" and said he was allowed to say that because Eminem called him a "*****".

Now these things don't usually bother me but I happen to be a fan of Eminem and he has never in his music dropped the "N bomb".

Benzino comes out saying that this "cracker" is ruining rap music and blah blahn blah.

Benzino is a racist ***** and thats that.

·
Registered
85 Posts
the word in ***** means female dog or stubborn woman.
(to clarify that it wasn't a racial slur)

·
Banned
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
ATA said:
I heard Benzino on Hot 97 in NY, they were interviewing him and asking about Eminem. He kept calling Eminem a "cracker" and said he was allowed to say that because Eminem called him a "*****".

Now these things don't usually bother me but I happen to be a fan of Eminem and he has never in his music dropped the "N bomb".

Benzino comes out saying that this "cracker" is ruining rap music and blah blahn blah.

Benzino is a racist ***** and thats that.
I want this thread to remain open, so please dont take it personal. Kthx

·
Registered
932 Posts
WRX>MUSTANG said:
Okay for the quote
"The white race is the cancer of history. It is the white race and it alone---its ideologies and inventions---which eradicates autonomous civilizations wherever it spreads, which has upset the ecological balance of the planet, which now threatens the very existence of life itself."
You mean whites aren't? :confused:

No, seriously, that's as wrong as anything out there. Any hint that the ad is paid for by the Nation of Islam, whose founder said white people came into existence as the result of an experiment gone wrong?

·
Banned
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bedabi said:
You mean whites aren't? :confused:

No, seriously, that's as wrong as anything out there. Any hint that the ad is paid for by the Nation of Islam, whose founder said white people came into existence as the result of an experiment gone wrong?
Heh, probably not.
There is an ad in the magazine that I depicted, then their is the issue, which talks bad about white people, then the whole issue, which basicly does the same thing.

·
1,379 Posts
WRX>MUSTANG said:

Okay for the quote
Back in college, for some reason the racist organization National Alliance decided to put bunches of random college students on their emailing list for their crap. I was one of the people who suddenly started getting hate propaganda in my email. And let me tell ya, it sounded EXACTLY LIKE THIS, except about Jews and African-Americans. :mad: People like this can't be reasoned with. I feel that there should be no distinction between the person who wrote this and the likes of William Pearce, Matt Hale, et al. Hate is hate.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hate is hate...and it shouldn't be tolerated. But c'mon, whites don't have it too hard at all worldwide. Even in countries where they've been the overwhelming minority (S. Africa) they've still managed to take power and instill some sort of racist policies.

I don't want to get this out of hand, but historically white + religion = bad news. It always has and always will.

Crusades, Spanish Inquisition, Catholics vs. Protestants in Englad, Europeans and genocide in America, Hitler, Stalin, etc...

Of course, you have your problems with genoide in Turkey and Armenia, Cambodia, etc.. etc...

So it can't just be attributed to whites. But in so many instances historically you have the power discriminating against the minority, even going as far as attempting to totally eradicate the minority. IN the last few hundred years, whites have typically been that power...and they have welded it with increadible suffering across the world.

But let's just face it - humanity is simply ****ed up in a lot of respects. Its not like Sadaam is a good guy - neither was Pol Pot, or Mao, etc... like I said, its whoever's in power and for a long time it seems to be the white people.

And yes, I am white.

·
1,379 Posts
Hey man, nobody's arguing that there aren't white people out there who have done (and are doing) bad things. That's not the issue here. The issue here is whether it's okay for a minority to make hugely racist generalizations in a public forum and get away with it.

Pretend for a minute that, say, Ben Affleck said that kind of stuff, but about black people. He'd never star in another movie again. Nobody would touch him with a ten foot pole. All I'm saying is, the guy who wrote that deserves the exact same treatment.

·
Registered
146 Posts
My opinion is that this country is going to sh#t. Its gotten to the point that white people are the minority. We have lots of problems when it comes to human race. It seems like blacks can say whatever they want about whites, such as whiteboy,cracker,devil,etc, But as soon as a white personsays ******, Oh ****, call the aspca or whatever that worthless group is called.IMO the blacks are making themselves look REAL BAD with some of the garbage they put out on the radio and that stupid "Yeah Im black attitude" We have kissed the black peoples asses LONG ENOUGH. Racism will never end as long as people keep coming up with these bull**** groups and laws. And we should also be worried about the other so called minority groups such as the hispanics. Im sick of having to decide weather I want services in spanish or english. LEARN ENGLISH. Many other immigrants before HAD to learn the language, including my parents!! Now what the f#ck has changed? Why are we making so many changes with the way we live. I WILL NEVER LEARN SPANISH. I AM an American and We speak english here so the lazy fu#king people should learn or leave this country. To help rid this country of racism we must start with the little things such as, removing these destuctive telivision stations such as B.E.T, In my opinion this BET tv station makes me look at black people in a negative way. I dont think that station represent blacks to well. Maybe its just one of the white mans plot to help bring blacks down. If I was black I would be pissed, having a station miss represent my people like that. And No I am not RACIST justPREJUDICE!

·
Registered
278 Posts
F1-racer said:
My opinion is that this country is going to sh#t. Its gotten to the point that white people are the minority. We have lots of problems when it comes to human race. It seems like blacks can say whatever they want about whites, such as whiteboy,cracker,devil,etc, But as soon as a white personsays ******, Oh ****, call the aspca or whatever that worthless group is called.IMO the blacks are making themselves look REAL BAD with some of the garbage they put out on the radio and that stupid "Yeah Im black attitude" We have kissed the black peoples asses LONG ENOUGH. Racism will never end as long as people keep coming up with these bull**** groups and laws. And we should also be worried about the other so called minority groups such as the hispanics. Im sick of having to decide weather I want services in spanish or english. LEARN ENGLISH. Many other immigrants before HAD to learn the language, including my parents!! Now what the f#ck has changed? Why are we making so many changes with the way we live. I WILL NEVER LEARN SPANISH. I AM an American and We speak english here so the lazy fu#king people should learn or leave this country. To help rid this country of racism we must start with the little things such as, removing these destuctive telivision stations such as B.E.T, In my opinion this BET tv station makes me look at black people in a negative way. I dont think that station represent blacks to well. Maybe its just one of the white mans plot to help bring blacks down. If I was black I would be pissed, having a station miss represent my people like that. And No I am not RACIST justPREJUDICE!
Man, there are so many problems with this post that I don't even know where to begin.

First of all, you make it sound like this country is going to **** simply because whites are the minority (look at your first three sentences, that's how you established your thoughts). That's funny and so far from the truth. This country is going to **** because of presidents that think foreign policy and war is more important that starvation, homelessness, etc.. and all the other domestic issues that are haunting us right now. Hey, if you can't clean up your back yard, why try to go somewhere else and clean up theres? Makes no sense, especially when you listen to GW sit up there and make this war with Iraq personal. That's a ****ing joke.

Second, don't spell the "n" word please. I know you're not calling anyone that name, but that's a word that carries a lot of weight around. Its a vile, dispicable word that doesn't need to be said, let along spelled out. And you can call me too PC or whatever, but that has nothing to do with it.

Third, "we've kissed the black people's assess long enough?" Here we go - where do you live just out of curiosity? So you're basically saying that 60 years of equality (which is a joke in itself) makes up for 400 years of torture and humility? C'mon...

And about this Spanish and English thing, its been proven that bi-lingual speaking children are simply more apt to learn. Maybe that's why America's test scores are falling below Europe's and Japan's in every category, including math which used to be our strong point. Its the attitude of "we are the biggest and strongest so why should we have to assimilate or try to understand" that causes so many problems around the world. If you don't attempt to understand, you will generalize and stereotype. You will think there are differences between blacks and whites and Hispanics when there aren't except the colors of each person's skin.

Go to Europe sometime...everyone there speaks AT LEAST 2 languages, if not more. America is the only place where we are so egotistical as to think we need to only learn one language.

"To help rid this country of racism we must start with the little things such as..." Such as what? Your thought patterns are EXACTLY what we need to get rid of to prevent racism. You have done nothing short of stereotyped everything. What do you think about Jewish people, or do I even need to ask?

You can't say "I'm not racist BUT..."

Please man, the world does not revolve around white people and Americans. GEt outside and see the world for what it is...

·
Registered
278 Posts
AutoXJunkie said:
Hey man, nobody's arguing that there aren't white people out there who have done (and are doing) bad things. That's not the issue here. The issue here is whether it's okay for a minority to make hugely racist generalizations in a public forum and get away with it.

Pretend for a minute that, say, Ben Affleck said that kind of stuff, but about black people. He'd never star in another movie again. Nobody would touch him with a ten foot pole. All I'm saying is, the guy who wrote that deserves the exact same treatment.
I agree with everything you just said. However, I was just trying to make a point that if you feel like **** when you opened up that magazine cover because of the racist remarks, imagine how so many other people across the world feel everyday? WE see it once in a blue moon..I see it more often and minorities see it way more often.

But you're right, there will never be an end of racism until "hate is hate" and the same standards are set for everyone. But both you and I know that will never happen...we can be idealistic or we can be realistic - or we can be delusional like F1-racer.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Wow, well said, Smokey.

Saved me the trouble......:D

(I swear if I hear one more time how the white man is oppressed by BET........ :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
278 Posts
I just think I'm lucky bedabi. I grew up on Long Island, NY. I was basically one of the only white kids in my neighborhood...My neighbors and friends were all Greek, Italian, Russian, black, etc... It never even occured to me that anything was different.

Too many people grow up in an area where all their neighbors are exactly like them, religiously, ethnically, etc.. and its not their fault, but then you never know anything else is out there.

And you actually believe that blacks are different, and Hispanics are different, etc... But people are people, its a very easy concept. You treat someone with respect and dignity, and there's a damn good chance that's how they'll treat you.

Its funny - sometimes people can make you feel like a bleeding-heart liberal when it has nothing to do with politics, etc... it just has to do with common sense.

·
Registered
932 Posts
smokey said:
Its funny - sometimes people can make you feel like a bleeding-heart liberal when it has nothing to do with politics, etc... it just has to do with common sense.
Exactly, it's now in vogue to scream that PC-ness has gone overboard and beyond reason (and in some instances it certainly has), but opening your eyes to diversity, differences and equality has nothing to do with political correctness, it's about common sense and decency.

I live and work with a very diverse population here, and as with everything else, familiarization establishes people as individuals and generalizations dminish.

·
1,379 Posts
Hoo boy. Guess F1-racer isn't doing any special reading over black history month, is he?

(sigh) Let's start from the top.
F1-racer said:
My opinion is that this country is going to sh#t. Its gotten to the point that white people are the minority.

I think maybe you need to check out the demographic results of the 2000 census. Short answer, whites are 75.1% of the US population. African-Americans are 12.3%.
We have lots of problems when it comes to human race. It seems like blacks can say whatever they want about whites, such as whiteboy,cracker,devil,etc, But as soon as a white personsays ******, Oh ****, call the aspca or whatever that worthless group is called.

What?!? Something tells me the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals generally doesn't concern themselves with combatting racism in the media. But, I could be wrong.

You're making it pretty clear that you haven't put much research or thought into this. You can't even name one group that fights defamation of African-Americans! Does the name "NAACP" ring a bell?
IMO the blacks are making themselves look REAL BAD with some of the garbage they put out on the radio and that stupid "Yeah Im black attitude"

So all of a sudden musicians speak for the whole race? Do you believe white people "are making ourselves look REAL BAD" because some country artist releases another brainless track? Country artists throw as much "white attitude" as rap artists throw "black attitude", but I don't hear you complaining about that. Music artists don't speak for a whole race!
We have kissed the black peoples asses LONG ENOUGH.
Oh yeah? I don't recall kissing anybody's ass. It sounds like you've been taking all your material from the same source. Before you classify affirmative action and other iniatives as unneccessary ass kissing, you really should read some of the best thought on the other side of the issue. You might learn something and balance your views a little.
And we should also be worried about the other so called minority groups such as the hispanics.
We? Who's we? Are you assuming everyone reading this is white? And "so-called"? How is 12.5% of the population only a "so-called" minority? News flash! 75.1 > 12.5!
Im sick of having to decide weather I want services in spanish or english. LEARN ENGLISH. Many other immigrants before HAD to learn the language, including my parents!! Now what the f#ck has changed? Why are we making so many changes with the way we live.
Businesses are including Spanish as a choice in many places because it's good for business. Deal with it. This isn't exactly new. In turn-of-the-century New York is wasn't uncommon for businesses to offer a choice of English or Italian. The United States was founded on and designed around imigration. I don't see anything wrong with helping out new immigrants while they work on learning the language. It's not like it's a great hardship for me to hit the "English" button on the ATM.
I WILL NEVER LEARN SPANISH. I AM an American and We speak english here so the lazy fu#king people should learn or leave this country.

Your loss, man. But you can't deny the irony in you suggesting it's easy as heck for others to learn foreign languages when you yourself refuse to, and therefore have no frame of reference on how difficult it is to learn a new language as an adult.
To help rid this country of racism we must start with the little things such as, removing these destuctive telivision stations such as B.E.T, In my opinion this BET tv station makes me look at black people in a negative way. I dont think that station represent blacks to well.

I don't think this comma splice run-on sentence, or your inability to spell "television", to distinguish "to" and "too" and to properly use plural verbs reflects very well on you, either. One could almost say,
We speak english here so the lazy fu#king people should learn or leave this country.

But hey, we're talking about BET now. Your problems with the English language are beside the point. Regarding BET: like CMT, Speed Channel, and the Food Network, BET is a niche station catering to a very specific audience, namely hip-hop fans. Not all African-Americans like BET, and quite a few hate it, just as quite a few white folks hate CMT. Why are you judging a whole race by one relatively minor TV station? And who ever said BET represents black americans as a whole? I mean, honestly, do you have some sort of documentation here, or are you just pulling this out of your ass, too?
And No I am not RACIST just PREJUDICE!
I'll certainly agree with the second part. From Dictionary.com:

prej·u·dice (n)
1a. An adverse judgment or opinion formed beforehand or without knowledge or examination of the facts.
1b. A preconceived preference or idea.
2. The act or state of holding unreasonable preconceived judgments or convictions.
3. Irrational suspicion or hatred of a particular group, race, or religion.
4. Detriment or injury caused to a person by the preconceived, unfavorable conviction of another or others.

Let me give you some advice: empty your cup and go in search of some new ideas from multiple perspectives. After you've read the best thought from both (or ALL) sides and have taken a year or two to really reflect on it, THEN make up your mind.

Thanks.

Oh yeah: and for the record, I'm white and consider myself a independent conservative.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Nice tongue lashing Auto X,
On the subject of racism, recently I received an email from a friend. It was a petition to boycott Vanity Fair for an article that was published in one of their "Dear (insert name here) columns, you know, the ones where people write in order to ask for advice. I just deleted it recently, partly because I don't know anybody that even reads it. But in essence, somebody asked (let's just call her Abi) Abi if she thought it was a good idea for the writer to learn Spanish as opposed to any other language. The reason the writer gave for learning Spanish was that many people spoke it, even the president and that it might come in handy.

Abi, wrote back saying something to the effect of, "Why would you want to learn Spanish. There isn't anything worth reading in that language. Who speaks Spanish that you are dying (sp?) to talk to...the help, your leafblower? Learn German or French, you'll find much more quality stuff to read, etc., etc.,

It surprises me that we still have articles such as the ones that we're talking about in this thread, being published. Especially with as pc as things have become. I guess there's always going to be a few things that slip through the crack.

I think that anybody can be a racist regardless of their socio-economical-political status and/or beliefs. It doesn't take power to hate a specific group, all it takes is ignorance and close-mindedness.

·
Registered
949 Posts
djrez4 said:
Unfortunately, white people still hold the power.
Now how is that unfortunate? Would you hear whites saying it's 'unfortunate' that blacks are in power? Hell no! It's people like you that cause racism. It's not about a black vs. white thing, it's about a PEOPLE thing. It's that mentality that you have that causes racism. There is no need for blacks to think this way. Let it go, and let whomever is in office do their job. Not because they are black, not because they are white, asian, indian, hispanic, etc... but because they are the leader. Right away if something offends a minority, they pull out the race card and say the other person is being racist. Can white people be descriminated against? ABSO-FRIGGIN-LUTELY. I think I just quoted up top a white person being descriminated against.

Oh and Smokey, I give you props. That was a very well thought out post!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts