ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 Impreza WRX, and I currently lack the headlight bulb retaining springs/clip in each headlamp. I'm considering a few options, but seeing as I'm new to these headlight designs (I've owned some really old cars), I'd like some advice before I decide.
I'm considering: Aftermarket headlights (400 a pair), HID conversion kit (that I hope might have retaining springs/doesn't need them), Stock replacement headlamps (300 each)
I'm looking for the balance of cheap and easy. My best option would be and HID conversion kit unless I can get clips somehow (and I looked... I can't find any). If I can get the clips, I'd be more than happy to buy them (and even the caps if possible)

Sorry if this is a repost. I can't find anything like this in the mountain of forums here lol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they said the clip wasn't sold seperately from the whole lamp assembly. I called them about it last month about it, so unless things changed....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can finally come back with some news.
Your suggestion pointed me in the right direction.
I couldn't find exactly what you were talking about, Sinister, but here's what I did: I emailed them back and forth for a while, and when I finally found that they had a part that might work for me, I ordered it, and I got it today. It's slightly different than what i need, but it fits well enough to work!
For future reference: If these clips are needed, go to theretrofitsouce.com and email them about setting up an order for D2S Clips. They come as a pair for $5+shipping (as of 11/9/2011).
This should be good news for a lot of people.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts