Subaru WRX Forum banner

Restored my bugeye headlights

1624 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Dark1
So I forgot to take a before photo lol but I found a pic that's similar to how bad mine were just a couple hours ago. It took about 1 1/2 hours, 1 3M headlight restoration kit and some meguires plastx to seal the plastic. Cost approx $20 usd.

This bugeye headlight is similar to how clouded mine were
Automotive lighting Headlamp Vehicle Car Auto part

Finished result
Headlamp Automotive lighting Light Auto part Vehicle

Headlamp Automotive lighting Light Auto part Automotive exterior

Headlamp Automotive lighting Light Auto part Vehicle

I'll be doing my wife's dodge grand caravans headlights tomorrow and I'll remember to take before and after pics if anyone even wants to see.

Here's my bugeye on the dyno earlier this year if you want to try and look at my headlights a little better. It's quite small on my iPhone, so I can't see. Lol
See less See more
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
They look really good :thumbup:

As an aside, TiC folks are the best.
Yeah I was definitely not paying attention to the headlights on that dyno run :thumbup:
What was your process?
I ask because I've painted my tail lights twice and learned a lot. Last week I did my headlights and realized I shoudlve done a similar process to my tails. I have a 2011 hatch. For the fronts I wet sanded with 800grit then jumped to 2k grit. And dude 2-4light layers of rustoleom clear. Then wet sanded again with 2k grit and polished with meguiars. Contemplating on wiping the red paint on my tails and doing the same process
Woah awesome job and all for $20?? Does anyone know how to fix the yellowing from the headlights?
I've used that 3M headlight restoration kit before - it works very good. Important to keep the surface good and wet during the process. What also works is to take some scratch remover after the last step and buff it out a bit more. Gives it a bit of a smoother surface - looks brand new.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.