ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I drove my 2008 last week to our family house in eugene, on my way home I got stuck between 5 slow moving semis. Here in oregon instead of salt or chemicals they just toss down a ton of lava rock which we have an abundance of-thank you mt. mazama. WELL the semi trucks were passing each other because of the pass coming up. I now am looking at a repair estimate in my hand of $4,333.37. The parts list needed are as follows. If you know anything better than oem, or something that is really clean.. Let me know I had always changed my headlights on my hondas out to JDM or my older subaru to morettes or JDM on my STis.. SO This is what I am needing

Left Headlight Retail: $388.02
right headlight retail: $388.02
left foglight retail: $174.85
right foglight retail: $174.85
SPT Sport mesh grille $200 (I dont know what the retail is on this that is my cost) or 2011 grille is $188 (again my cost)

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Im assuming the other 3k is paint work?? I would try to score some STI headlights or save money on other areas and get a retrofit.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Sorry to hear Bo.

Only upgrade I could suggest would be some retrofits.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im assuming the other 3k is paint work?? I would try to score some STI headlights or save money on other areas and get a retrofit.
mostly labor sanding down the affected areas, unfortunately that and the 3 stage satin white pearl paint is very expensive

Awesome, thanks for the link, I will look into these, I normally hate fogs on anything newer than 03 but the bumper is molded that way

Sorry to hear Bo.

Only upgrade I could suggest would be some retrofits.
Such is life, I am used to insurance claims :( retrofits like lightwerkz? Or?

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Yes, lightwerkz for sure. But order your parts from theretrofitsource.com. They are cheaper and sell higher quality bulbs/ballasts/harnesses etc

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Yes, lightwerkz for sure. But order your parts from theretrofitsource.com. They are cheaper and sell higher quality bulbs/ballasts/harnesses etc
exactly.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
So I drove my 2008 last week to our family house in eugene, on my way home I got stuck between 5 slow moving semis. Here in oregon instead of salt or chemicals they just toss down a ton of lava rock which we have an abundance of-thank you mt. mazama. WELL the semi trucks were passing each other because of the pass coming up. I now am looking at a repair estimate in my hand of $4,333.37. The parts list needed are as follows. If you know anything better than oem, or something that is really clean.. Let me know I had always changed my headlights on my hondas out to JDM or my older subaru to morettes or JDM on my STis.. SO This is what I am needing

Left Headlight Retail: $388.02
right headlight retail: $388.02
left foglight retail: $174.85
right foglight retail: $174.85
SPT Sport mesh grille $200 (I dont know what the retail is on this that is my cost) or 2011 grille is $188 (again my cost)
Dude, that sucks. My only input - Don't get a 2011 grille for your '08; different shape for '11s.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The grille SPT sport mesh grille is supposed to fit the '11, the '11 grille won't fit the 08?

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So you purchase the parts to send to lightwerkz with your headlights or?

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
So you purchase the parts to send to lightwerkz with your headlights or?
exactly. Will save you over $100 and they are higher quality parts. Im not a fan of lightwerkz ballasts. Morimoto is much better. Or theretrofitsource sells oem stuff. They also have "VIP" projectors that for a little extra money can get you some incredible parts

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Then Ill have them repair my sport grille, because it is in my opinion the best looking option.

Ill have to research the lightwerkz stuff and what I would need, I typically just buy JDM housings that are done and just revert them to LHD.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
Then Ill have them repair my sport grille, because it is in my opinion the best looking option.
Concur. I've been chomping at the bit for an OEM sport grille for the '11. I checked out the HTAutos one, but 1 )I've heard some mixed reviews about fitment and 2) it only comes primed.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have been wanting to see if it fits the 11 since I had my STi, I'll just pop both grills off and see what's up.

·
Premium Member
25,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the fog light kit from theretrofitsource.com looks like it would work well and replace the oem perfectly.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
the fog light kit from theretrofitsource.com looks like it would work well and replace the oem perfectly.
I will be running those on my bugeye fairly soon. Just have to find a mounting solution as I don't have fogs

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
those small things in the place of the big oem hole?
No, my OEM hole (lol) is filled with chargespeed brake ducts. Those will be mounted in the bumper (open area where FMIC would go) recessed just an inch or so.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts