ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it me or these wrx keep their value pretty well? even some of these 2002 i see are still in their 16s or 17s with 50k+

a brand new one is only $22k which i find more of a bargain than a used one

·
Registered
342 Posts
yeah i think they hold good value

Its not the greatest but not bad either. I picked up a magazine that discussed years and resale value and some other cars like lexus and acura looked to fair better but subar u is right there. My car is an 02 with only 8900 miles on it. when i was younger i put on like 25000 miles a year average on my cars. Now i drive a company truck so it gets alot fo rest until i take her out. They only made roughly 2000 of sedans in the automatic and i f i keep the mileage low on it who know in time it may be a collectors item. Historically if u you look at certain cars and the following they have gotten and how much were produced that is i pretty good recipe for collectability. I didnt buy my car for that reason but keeping it in good condition and garaging it and low miles i hope will keep the value high.

chris

·
Registered
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
I bought a 01 GT Eclipse. I had 4k from trade in plus I put another 4k down on it. I paid 23k for it new off the lot. In Sept of 03.......it booked for 14k. Luckily i was able to sell it privately for 16,500. That car was a money trap. It roughly lost 4k each year!

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
DTR maxima said:
yeah, the resale on the maxima is one of the worst as far as imports go.

although, i dont know why... IMO, its one of the better "all around" car built.
I've never understood that, either. My '96 Max was a great car, and I got crap for it when we traded it for our minivan. (I looked into selling privately, and didn't see that I'd get much more than what we were being offered.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts