Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
my friend drives a supra with his front licence plate on the dashboard @ the passenger side.

im guessing it really depends on the leniency of the cops @ ur county.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Yes it is required by law to have your front license plate screwed on the front of your car and yes, i know the car looks way better w/o that fat license plate that blocks the radiator.

OH yeah if you live in LA cops might give you a fix it ticket especially becuase there are cameras all over the place now and it would be pointless for them to get a snapshot of a car running a red light w/o a license to identify the driver.

*** IMPORTANT ***

Never ever put anything around your dashboard on your passenger side becuase when the air bag pops up it might cause some serious damage. If you want to put your license plate on your dash keep it on the driver side.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it's required here in IL but I'm almost certain it is a state to state law. Also, if you really want to drive without one, one of my friends took his off, smashed it up a bit, and keeps it in his trunk. When he got pulled over he said someone clipped it in a parking lot and it came off. He didn't get a ticket. I'm not certain that is would work for everyone but it's an idea.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I like Keefernos idea, I will have to do that. Around here CHP is about the only one that would give you a ticket for it, ohh yah and meter maids.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts