ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got a couple of replica STI Mesh Fog covers from MPJPerformance but the metal strip mounts don't seem to line up right. Does anyone have these? If so, then what is the trick to getting them to fit? I think I can just bend them a bit, but I don't want to do that and then just screw the whole thing up.

I have a 02 WRX, the one in the picture if that helps.

BTW: I already e-mailed MPJperformance but no response yet.

·
Registered
767 Posts
They won't look right until you have the fog cover fully pushed in. Its gonna look way off, like theres no possible way it could fit, and then it will finally just snap all the way back in and fall into place. Sorry, can't really explain it in better detail. But it sounds like you just don't have them pushed in all the way.

·
Registered
593 Posts
The right side and left side bracket is different too!!!!!! Make sure you pick the right one!!!!!!!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I saw that they right and left brackets were different :eek: . I'll try to put them in again tonight, fortunately it takes only 2 mins to try to do it, rather than the 2days the oil pressure guage took :D.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Once I figured out the right/left bracket thing, one side went in fine. On the other side, I had real problems pushing the cover in.

I solved it by using a slightly longer screw, and tapering the end to make engaging the threaded hole in the bracket easier.

They're in and they look good, but I'm not sure that I could ever get them back out.

·
Registered
285 Posts
i had the same problem so i bent the brackets and all went well until i broke the weld on the bracket bolt so dont tighten too much learn from my mistake

1 - 6 of 6 Posts