ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When changing the oil is it important to replace the engine cover under the car...if you don't drive in snow and salt and are not using the car for racing?

·
Hammerdown Mod of Thunder
24,072 Posts
I've owned several subies and I always leave that plastic part off.Never had anything bad happen.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
It helps to keep the engine clean.. and I've read that it helps direct air flow through the radiator. That said, I haven't had one on my car in several years. Eventually I'll get around to fabbing up my skid plate to go there instead.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Up until my last oil change (where I sheared off one of the bolts), I've put it back on. When I get around to getting that bolt extracted, I will put it back on again.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
On bugeyes, you don't have to remove it to change the oil, so I don't touch it. The only time I've taken it off was when I scoped out the uppipe install. I would like a real skid plate there, but the stock one has never bothered me.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Rally car = get a skid plate

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've got nothing against the engine guard. But Subi made it hard as hell to get it back up. Even their screws don't want to go back in.

Chalk me up in the 'leave it off' camp for now. Too bad Subi made things so fudging hard on the end user.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts