ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've decided to remove the rear WRX spoiler, however, doing so will leave 4 open holes. Is there a DIY on how to cap them off? Any help would be appreciated, thank you!!

-Jason

·
Sammich Makin' Pwincess
13,124 Posts
have you tried finding someone to swap trunks with? that is honestly the easiest/cheapest route.

you can go to home depot and get little plugs to fill the holes but its not a long term solution. you'll want to get it professionally done & repainted.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have you tried finding someone to swap trunks with? that is honestly the easiest/cheapest route.

you can go to home depot and get little plugs to fill the holes but its not a long term solution. you'll want to get it professionally done & repainted.
Great idea, I will do that, thank you. =p

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
I got the plugs from Lowes.. they were uber cheap, and leaked. So I coated them with silicone.. still looks like crap.

·
Registered
32 Posts
how big are the holes?
if theyre as big as the mounting holes for front license plate you can try subispeed, they sell some color matched plugs to cover those holes for plate delete maybe it will fit there :D

·
Registered
410 Posts
So I've decided to remove the rear WRX spoiler, however, doing so will leave 4 open holes. Is there a DIY on how to cap them off? Any help would be appreciated, thank you!!

-Jason
What year and model car are you talking about taking the wing/spoiler off of? Confused and thinking you have an earlier year since the new gen4 models only have the wing on the STi and it is rarely referred to as a WRX.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,111 Posts
This thread is from 2012.

·
Registered
410 Posts
This thread is from 2012.
Oh well... guess I'm a little late to the party on this one :) Didn't look at dates at all since it popped up in the What's New tab after Naviboy replied. Now going back to regular programming :screwy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts