ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im planning to remove the intake silencer tommorow. I was wondering if the tutorial at scoobymods.com is the best one on the net. Has anyone here used that tutorial to remove their silencer? And if so did you come across any problems removing it, or after having it removed? Thanks!
-Ryan

·
Registered
144 Posts
I used it and it was really straight forward.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
dude its the easiest thing youll ever do.....i cant believe they have a tutorial for it..youll be fine

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I'm wondering if the majority of ppl leave the squarish hold from the ram air scoop open, or plug it up somehow.

Mine's currently open. I have that fender plug part ordered from the dealership (yeah yeah, i know i should've just ordered from a website). Not sure if that's really bad or doesn't matter.

I dig the sound, tho :D

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I'm wondering if the majority of ppl leave the squarish hole from the ram air scoop open, or plug it up somehow.

Mine's currently open. I have that fender plug part ordered from the dealership (yeah yeah, i know i should've just ordered from a website). Not sure if that's really bad or doesn't matter.

I dig the sound, tho :D

·
Registered
641 Posts
SweetTurboWhine said:
seriously, took me no more than 15 mins. biggest pita was getting the tire off. thats all. just have fun with it :)
I did it without taking the wheel off. All you have to do is put your arm through the wheel well. Just drop the silencer out of the bottom.

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
It was easy, but the more anterior bolt holding the silencer in is a farking PITA to get at. I did it without taking off the wheel also and I just ended up hacksawing the plastic to get the silencer out. Oh well, it did the trick.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I did mine in ~10 mins, no removal of the wheel and no cutting. I put the wheel at full lock to get it out of the way, and, IIRC, I used a long exstension + universal joint on the ratchet to get that one bolt out. After that, it was just like birthing a calf.

HTH.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts