ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K, here my question: Now get under the car. You will see a somewhat rectangular piece of plastic with (6) screw/rivets in it. Take this flap off . Now you will see (2) thumb screws with rectangular heads. The look like " [] ". Once these are removed the fender liner can be pulled off.

WTF are these "[]" thumb screws? I cant find them. Where are these... please help im stupid!!!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump for help...Please - I know alot of guys here have done this. I need help I cant figure out what to remove to get at the intake silencer!

·
Registered
460 Posts
I dont know wtf [] means but I took mine out without instructions - trust me - you won't break anything - tjust be careful with the little plastic pop rivets and don't forget to take out the ramair scoop that sits in front of the airbox because you can't get the sorkus out without disconnecting it first - also put it (the plastic ramiar scoop)back in if you want your dealer not to question whether or not your car has been screwed with - it's held down to the very front of the car with 2 regular philips screws - take your fender liner off, pull the snorkus, cut the silencer off with a hacksaw, put her back together, and your car will sound very nice - oh and the longer you drive for and warm up the engine, the more you will hear the factory BOV - dan

·
Registered
647 Posts
to be honest, screw instructions. I just found a picture of the silencer and did it from there by myself. Just konwing where the silencer was located.

Its not that bad, hope u got it figured out.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
If i were you id just leave it in.

it really doesnt make much of a differnce, if you have it in or not.

i guess thats just me though... Dont wanna do anything to my `04 wrx while i still got some warrenty on it :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts