Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
980 Posts
i am looking to replace my badge as well,
I have heard you can use a butterknife wrapped in a rag to prevent scratching, and pry it out. then use 3M tape to reapply the badge

chris

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I pried mine out with the tip of a pocket screwdriver. I replaced it with a different badge that was adhesive-backed so I'm not sure about re-attaching the stock one. It's still plenty sticky to this day (having sat in my room for ~4 months that's impressive!)

·
Registered
178 Posts
The badges are stuck in place with double sided tape, either get really fine fishing line or tooth floss, work it down behind the badge, and saw it, side to side. That should remove the badge without any damage.

·
Registered
511 Posts
all those answers are good, but there is another way that this can be done.... i did this... it was on scoobymods or somewhere...
remove grill...
use a hair dryer and blow hot air on stock badge for about 5 min...
use a putty knife and slowly pry it off... itll come off with some pulling...
if you do it good, you can reuse the sticky tape....
it you want to paint it:
with fine sand paper.... sand the black color off
hold it up to a light to make sure that all the black is off... it should be frosty clear...
use model paint and paint about 2-3 coats of the color you desire...
check it on the light to make sure its an even coat...
reinstall it...
hope this helped and like i said, im pretty sure i got this from scoobymods and they have pics.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I drilled a tiny hole behind it, pushed it out with a small screwdriver and put the new one on. It took a whole two minutes and you avoid damaging the outer edge where the emblem goes into.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts