Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my STi on Sunday, and I was wondering...The rear wing looks like it is two pieces. Can the top half be removed??? Sitting here looking at it, I think that the bottom half would look good by itself.

Also can someone tell me what that thing is between the top of the windshield and the reading lights? I can't find it in the owner manual anywhere. What is it, some kind of little sun visor for sun peaking through above the rearview mirror??

·
Premium Member
3,308 Posts
That little thing is exactly what you thought...a minny sun visor for when the sun can get between your mirror and the top of the windshield.

As for cutting up the wing....stand ready for the "purist" outlash;)

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Yes you can remove the top half. There is a saftey string holding it together that you wold have to cut but there is only 4 bolts or so holding the 2 peices together. I have seen it done with some custom alumininum plates to top it off and purist or not it looked like ass sorry.

Just because its smaller does not mean it isnt uglier.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In all honesty, the looks of the wing have really kinda grown on me already. At first i didn't like it, but once I drove her, I fell in love, and I guess when your in love, you love the whole package!

But I still think that it might look cool with only the bottom half of the wing...I think it would look like the x-men edition RX-8.

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
:thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
You know the bottom half by itself litteraly does look like a little park bench sitting on the trunk lol. It has arm rest and everything.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Might as well just go totally spoiler-less if you're gonna do that. It's not like that little step is gonna offer you much performance benefit. Just take it off.

No sir, I don't like it.

·
Premium Member
5,596 Posts
I really like the idea of swapping to a WRX rear deck lid....call me crazy

·
Registered
38 Posts
the mini sun visor is a great idea, but doesnt function all that well. it looks like there was a design error made, when you fold it down its isnt anywhere near the sunvisors, and still lets sunlight get by, so what i did was take mine off and spin it 180 degrees, you have to take out a plug that hold the headliner down because there is an alignment pin for the sunvisor, but it goes in without a problem, looks alittle different but it is 100% functional now

·
Registered
7 Posts
milenko11 said:
It's not a mini sun visor. It is to keep the map lights out of the rear view mirror when they are on. Try it one night.
How come my 2.5RS had it, then? :confused:

RS = no map lights.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts