Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed EGR deletes on my 2015 WRX and got the expected check engine dash light. What I didn't expect was the ABS, hill assist, and vehicle dynamics lights also. And my auto-down driver's window is no longer auto down. Only trouble codes are P1492, P1494, and P1498. All EGR codes. Car drives fine without any new noises, hiccups, stalling, etc. Anyone else have something similar happen?

·
Super Moderator
10,960 Posts
Certain cel codes will kick everything and prevent cruise control as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,075 Posts
Did you disconnect the battery? Might have to "normalize" the windows if so. That'll take care of that issue

·
Super Moderator
10,960 Posts
You have to roll the window down, then roll it back up all the way until it's at the top and stops, then pull the auto close button for 10 seconds or so to set the pinch protection.

·
Super Moderator
10,960 Posts
Yeah probably but that horse has been beat to death.

·
BooSTIng
2,253 Posts
I have a feeling that this car has not been tuned. The OP also has not been back........

To the OP, this car must be tuned for the EGR deletes. If it has been tuned and you are getting these CEL's relating to the EGR system, then you need to take the car back to the tuner.

·
Premium Member
3,075 Posts
Why do people still think you can do anything to a car today and not expect to need to tune it. Literally every single person who tried striking a conversation up with me about modifying, not one ever mentions mapping until I bring it up. Then I get looked at funny

1 - 10 of 10 Posts