Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone done this to save weight? What did you do to cover up the floor and trunk opening? Pics please!!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Confirmed. They are incredibly light. If you are going to extreme measures to reduce weight, you might do it. Otherwise, no need. It also makes it louder in your car too (kind of annoying)

·
Registered
904 Posts
i've done it many times. just like i've told qoncept, a pound less, is a pound less to the weight of the vehicle. but of course, if you're going to do that, might as well take other stuff out: glove compartment, center console, front passenger seat, spare tire and everything that you can do without. then you'll really accumulate a sizable weight worthy of 'taking out' :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
the cushions themselves are really light, but its possible to take everything out, all the way to the floor, not just the cushions. I saw it from a WRX one of the guys at the dealership owns. He didnt cover it up though so its just a huge whole to the trunk.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
sorry to hijack real quick, but 1 of my seatbuckles is stuck under the bench seat, is it easy to remove the bench to get it out?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Has anyone noticed the large structural member under the back seat? I'm assuming this is for frame rigidity and safety.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Do the rear seats also come out with the bolts in the trunk?

I know some glass from my windshield incident went down and behind the seat (seat didn't fit flush... :confused: )

Need to vaccuum :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts