Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im having an issue with a remote starter i bought (Viper brand) that i will need some information about the 2017 subaru WRX. automatic transmission and push start ignition. now, currently with the new remote starter installed, if i jump in the car during that remote started time and press on the brake, the car stays on which is what i want. but the way the remote starter installer said its supposed to happen is i put my foot on the brake it will shut off the car and i will need to start it up again. he says its a security feature so noone can drive away with my vehicle. now my question is, if i have the FOB with me in the house and remote start the car in the house, then without the FOB ever being in proximity, they should not be able to operate the vehicle if they try to steal it right? because they will need the FOB which hasnt been by the car yet, only started by the aftermarket remote from a distance away. i would like to keep the feature where the car stays on when i hop in going from the remote start to driving the car because starting the car twice in a row throughout the day cant be good for it right? so even though the car is running by the remote starter, noone should be able to take it until the FOB is close by and the car is able to read it?

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have the manual transmission 2017 WRX Limited and I know for a fact you can drive away with the car (if started) without the key fob because I did it once.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Have you tried pushing the push to start button when you get into the car?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts