ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't quite sure where to put this thread but here goes anyway.

I have an 04 manual wrx and i noticed a hood pin switch the other day when i was looking at something else under the hood. maybe this is a stupid question but is the hood pin switch used for anything other than a remote starter? if yes, how do i determine what it was for? if no, how do i determine what type of remote start i have? The previous owner did not provide me with a keyfob for anything other than keyless entry. With winter very quickly approaching, a remote start would obviously be a nice bonus.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do I have to use the Hood Pin Switch when installing a Remote Starter?

The Hood Pin Switch is a Mechanic Safety Device. This is used to prevent the Engine from Remote Starting when the Hood is "OPEN". This feature is optional to a point, on some newer units (RS-82P, RS-1100, RS-1200 RS-700) the Hood Pin switch must be used to get the unit out of "OPERATOR SAFETY MODE/INITIALIZATION PROCEDURE".
Most remote start systems i've seen include a hood pin switch, so i guess i thought maybe this could be for a remote start.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
A great place to start is to get rid of the idea of remote start on a manual car.

Inevitably you'll post a thread about accidentally starting it while the car is in gear.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A great place to start is to get rid of the idea of remote start on a manual car.

Inevitably you'll post a thread about accidentally starting it while the car is in gear.
don't most remote starts require a sequence when shutting off the car in order to "setup" remote start and if you do anything abnormal in that sequence it won't work? Besides, that's a ridiculous idea to not get a remote start / use it if i already have it. my manual 08 civic has had remote start for over a year now and i dont think the thought of that happening ever even crossed my mind. Then again, i never park my car in gear.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
kajun said:
Then again, i never park my car in gear.
I always do as a backup of the E-brake

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts