Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend and I were going cruising sat night and then we met up with local cruising/racing scene. I had been beaten before by a gsr swapped hatchback but that was on the roll. Man oh man is his 3rd gear mean. We all talked for a little bit and then we went to "test and tune." This spot had cops near it so we waited awhile and then we decided to "test and tune" somewhere else. We went to the second spot, and this place was awesome. Big road, because it was probably four lanes, but not a public street. Well after an si and a supercharged si raced, we lined it up. This guy has a full swapped gsr engine in his hatchback with exhaust and probably other basic add ons. Hes got a full stripped interior as well. There are my mods: TurboXS Type H BOV ( lmao no hp ). Well we staged up and we were flagged: one.... two.... threeeeeeeee. I kicked and he kicked and i pulled probabaly 3/4 a car. Vrooooooom Second Vrrrrroooooom Third. This is where he starts to pull. Damn his 3rd gear is mean, but he only pulled maybe a 1/4 of a car lenghth and it was over by then. I probably had about 1 car lenght on him at then end. Then he said lets race from a roll and i said "You'll Beat me" We did it anyway and what do you know. First gear ( I revved it up to about 4.5 on a roll and slipped the clutch ). Turbo kicks in pulled 1/2 a car lenght. Second same distance. Third he pulls on me and he got me by 1/2 car lenght and then we shut down. Pretty good night then I left and went home. People were like yeah! Because his car is pretty fast but he cant handle the "Beauty of AWD":eek:
Fun night and I got my rematch but he got his too :eek:

·
Registered
86 Posts
You know, I have the different effects. I raced my friends 92 civic hb with CRV block/GSR head swap and I totally blew him out of the water from a stop. There was no catching up. On a roll at 30mph downshifting into 2nd I had him about 1 car easily, then my WRX kept on pulling. I would say I beat him about 3-4 cars within 4th gear.

I think your friends got alot more then just a straight swap. People that swap motors like that dont like to tell their secrets. I'm one of those....

A mbc will greatly help you.;)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its not just a swap. He has the basic intake/headers/exhaust. His third gear can pull. I was in first from the 5 mph and I didn't want to drop clutch it at a high rpm. If I did it would probably be the same effect as from a stop.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Well if I tried that here right now we'd both be sitting there spinning our tires. Its just too damn cold and had too much snow and ice for any racing.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
BambooI,

In third gear his VTEC is in full swing. It sounds to me like he has a really good valve job done too!

Yes, yes, MANUAL BOOST CONTROLLER!

-Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts