ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today my wife went to register our new STi. When the lady at the DMV put in 4cyl and 300 hp her computer kept telling her that the engine size was invalid. She said that the computer says the most hp a 4-banger can have is 280 hp or so. So the wife calls me and asks me if we have a 6 or a 4 (even though she has heard me rant and rave about this amazing little engine). I told her not to let the lady put 6 cyl- but I guess is doesn't matter it wasn't like it was for the insurance. Anyway I thought this would have made a sorta funny STi commercial. The clerk and customer would be going back and forth sorta like Who's on First.

AJ

·
Registered
91 Posts
lmao, my cuzin went with me to the dealership the other day cause i had to have some service done, well were looking at the sti and my cuzin goes i like the interior and some sales guy comes up and goes you should see the 300 hp v-6 this thing has. So i heard him and said no it's a 4 cylinder, he goes no, i said yes and proceeded tothe back window to the sales paper and showed him see, horrizontally apposed 2.5 liter four cylinder, he goes OOOOHHHHH. we got a good laughout if it, i dont blame the guy to much, this is in bakersfield and it's a volvo,mercedes, and subaru dealership. they dont worry about the subarus that much, they said that they basically sell themselves. and also they dontmake much money off them, they make the cash off the benz's.

Just inputting a prettyfunny story

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,722 Posts
It's really quite amazing what people DON'T know about cars. I got into a "discussion" with one of my inlaws (outlaws? :) ) several years ago about her Honda Prelude. We were talking about the different levels of performance that American F-bodies were available with, and proceeded to tell me that her Prelude was also available with a V8. I gently assured her that no, there's never been a factory Prelude with a V8, but she wasn't going to have it. (Pretty sure that there was some v-tec confusion going on, there...)

I guess car people like us just live in a world of our own...

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
RayfieldsWRX said:
It's really quite amazing what people DON'T know about cars. I got into a "discussion" with one of my inlaws (outlaws? :) ) several years ago about her Honda Prelude. We were talking about the different levels of performance that American F-bodies were available with, and proceeded to tell me that her Prelude was also available with a V8. I gently assured her that no, there's never been a factory Prelude with a V8, but she wasn't going to have it. (Pretty sure that there was some v-tec confusion going on, there...)

I guess car people like us just live in a world of our own...
Unfortunataly we do live in our own world. I work in a business that I need to know something about just about every car sold in the US in the last 30 years. I'm a wealth of useless automotive knowledge. I am often baited into car conversations with people who don't know jack, and it drives me nuts. I refuse to even amuse them anymore.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,722 Posts
Trainrex said:
I refuse to even amuse them anymore.
Probably the best plan!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I had a friend (who claims he knows stuff about cars) Tell me the new 04-05 Wrx was the Subaru B4 in Japan. He was stationed there so he thinks he knows everything about Jap cars. :screwy:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Haha funny thread :)

When we picked up our STi at the dealership, they put the temporary plate on in the window that read "v6." This was from the dealer!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts