Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: I painted my instrument cluster bulbs red, and the needles, when I painted the needles I did remove them from the panel. I put them back in place. I the gauges look WICKED! But, now my gauges are working properly, they stick, and jump. Has any one tried this? I could use some help as to what to do. Thanks!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Most people I've heard about that had sticky needles had pushed them in too far. Try pulling them out a little and see if that helps

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
yeah definately pull them out but dont pull them out too much,when i did that i had to recalabrate my gas and temp gauge....because they were wayyyy off

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll definitely try that. I was also thinking that maybe they need to be calibrated. The speedo seem to fast, and when I go abpve 80 it sticks and jumps to 100 and 110. I don't believe that's my actual speed. The tact jumps around from 5000 rpm to redline.

·
Registered
442 Posts
What kind of paint did you use on the lights? I'm using leds in mine now, but would like to see how the lights look painted blue. Dunno what paint to use though.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Could anyone post pics/directions on how to make the guages red. I would also like to know, if you can just change the light bulbs rather than paint them, I want to do this, but I'm a little nervous about taking apart my guage cluster. So any info/suggestions would be appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
As far as whether the speedos are correct or off, do one of your friends have a handhled GPS you can borrow to check against?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I wanted to do this too- but I'm going to wait. The new Sti- from pix I've seen has a red gauge cluster. After it comes out (assuming it fits), making interior swapps shouldn't be too bad.

·
Registered
59 Posts
OK so I figured out you can just put in new bulbs in the gauge cluster, but upon closer inspection realized that there is a green film so even if I put red bulbs it would still look greenish. Is there a film, or is it just me and my damn eyes? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
red gauges

yeah,

·
Registered
12 Posts
red gauges

I really want to make my gauges red too, the green color just doesnt match the WRX, stock should have been red....

anyone know how to properly make them red and looking nice as hell??

·
Registered
12 Posts
any places in southern california that would do such a light conversion? If so, how much would it roughly cost?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts