Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some recommendations for exterior mods for my new '17 Silver Metallic--post pics if you have them.

I want subtle, not flashy. Planning 15% window tint, front lip and mud flaps. Plus maybe changing the Subaru logos to red.

I'm thinking black mud flaps with red lettering. It would be nice if the front lip matched the rear diffuser.

Anyway, let me know your recs and where to buy them.

· Registered
64 Posts
15% is pretty dark,What staye are you in? I have 35% all the way around and a 35% windshield strip on top. Looks pretty Dark. All together they darken the car up nicely. I woulda gone 30% but dont want any harassment from cops, when u add a exhaust and J.. They start witch hunting in NY

· Registered
94 Posts
I have some Rally Armor UR flaps, with Dark Grey Lettering on my ISM. Here are a couple of pics.

I initially got them for protection, and wasn't sure if I would like the look, but I have grown to like the look. They don't stick out as far as the RokBlox, and are more subtle that I though they would be.

· Premium Member
646 Posts
Those are very, very nice. I like what yours looks like. For my ISM WRX, I choose the RA's with the red lettering -- just my personal choice (my build with pictures is found in my signature if you are looking for more mods -- more ways to spending money LOL).

Your car is looking good!

· Premium Member
646 Posts
Yes, they do scrape on speed bumps and a severe driveway apron into and out of my Chevron station. But, candidly so what, for while if I were jack up the car and look at the very bottom edge (that is 1/8" wide), I can see minor evidence of that, but I do not seen any issues after the car is washed and I am looking directly at either the front or rear side of the flaps.

And, most important, I still do not have one rock chip on either side of the car -- even though I have to go on 1 mile of gravel to get out onto the county road.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.