Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
So for the past while I've noticed a fair amount of white smoke coming from my exhaust, and when I installed a high flow cat downpipe I started to smell burning oil (and more smoke), I went to a few turbo/mechanic shops and they both said that it was probably a seal in my turbo leaking, and that this was pretty common in WRX's. The one guy suggested us to a shop strictly for turbos. We went to him, and bought a rebuilt stock turbo for the 08 WRX. Before we replaced the turbo, I was tuned to stage 2, hitting 15, 16, sometimes 17 psi. After getting the new one installed, still tuned to stage 2, the thing will barely go above 8.5psi. But, we DID NOT install the upgraded oil lines. Could this be the issue? Or did this guy sell me the wrong turbo. I'm going back to the shop tomorrow, but wondered if there was any input from here. Thanks!

· In Æternum
23,706 Posts
Are you sure that the restrictor pill is still in the BCS line? Also, check your fuel trims to see if you could have a leak.

It should have nothing to do with the oil line.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got back from the shop, we had bypassed the wastegate and was hitting 19psi, but couldnt find another issue. The mechanic said that it had to either be my accessport, or my solenoid, I find it hard to believe it could be the accessport as it should be running fine off what its being told to. Sp I'm onto a solenoid issue..

· In Æternum
23,706 Posts
Are you sure that the restrictor pill is still in the BCS line? Also, check your fuel trims to see if you could have a leak.

It should have nothing to do with the oil line.
Why don't you answer these questions before you start jumping on another bus.

· In Æternum
23,706 Posts
I had him look over all of it, he says everythings fine. Its got to be something electrical inbetween the accessport and solenoid.
Again, be ABSOLUTELY sure that the restrictor pill is in the line. The restrictor pill is easy to lose when you pull the lines apart and if it's missing, the car will not hit target boost.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.