Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

New to the site and to the Impreza world -- but have been in the market for a while now looking for an STI to purchase. Used to own a 5 speed Forester and miss it.

On to the car. The guy rebuilds and resells WRX & STI's pretty frequently. He owns a few of his own. Details below on this particular one:

2006 Subaru sti low miles, completely overhauled. Stock performance wise, but built with better than OEM parts to ensure a long healthy life!

Entire car was just repainted OEM Wrb
Engine has 50k miles
Gates racing blue timing belt
Arp headstuds
Morosso oil pickup
Heads were completely rebuilt
New oil pump
New water pump
New timing pulleys and tensioner
Cometic headgaskets with OEM seals
Exedy full face clutch
Bridgestone tires
Factory yellow lowering springs
Brand new shifter bushings and linkage bushings

Clean and clear title in hand, carfax available upon request

Carfax is clean - What are some things I should be on the lookout for? Thoughts on going forward with this?

·
Super Moderator
10,985 Posts
The gates blue belt is not really for daily driver duties from what gates told me. It's for sustained high Rpm and heat. It will not last nearly as long as the oem belt.

Other than that none of the parts are really better than stock. Just different

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The gates blue belt is not really for daily driver duties from what gates told me. It's for sustained high Rpm and heat. It will not last nearly as long as the oem belt.

Other than that none of the parts are really better than stock. Just different
Gotcha. Wasn’t aware of that. I don’t plan on driving it daily, but still want to ensure some reliability.

I guess it had a burnt exhaust valve in cylinder 1 causing a misfire. Swapped in a ‘14 block with 50k on it. Odometer reads 111,000

1 - 3 of 3 Posts