Subaru WRX Forum banner

Rear window defroster WRX 2015

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  mickael121 
#1 ·
Hi, when I remote start my WRX 2015 on winter , the Rear window defroster is never activated , can I put a switch or bypass something to put the Rear window defroster always on when I want?

thanks!

#6 ·
Ah yes. Timer - I did forget about this, but i have turned mine on again right after it shuts off, with no ill affect. I think it depends on temp and water/ice conditions. But you are correct XJ, that not having it on the timer would introduce a new potential failure mode where the car is no longer timing it.

#7 · (Edited)
When you're expecting snow/ice (a situation you'd need the rear defroster), crank your heat up to the max before shutting your vehicle off before exiting. Then remote start, as normal...

When you finally go out to your vehicle, before doing anything else, clear the driver door, then manually enable the rear defroster and let it run while you brush off the rest of your car (don't be "that guy" who drives with a pile of snow on the roof that can fly off and destroy a vehicle behind you), leaving the rear windshield for last. By the time you're at the rear windshield, between the interior heater and the rear defroster, you should be able to clear that windshield no problem.

I don't have a remote start on either of my vehicles, and have never had trouble clearing my rear windshield with this method (without the remote start assist in heating the vehicle); it's the front/sides that always give me trouble, since it isn't wired into the glass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.