ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a static cling rear window decal (from the school I went to) and wanted to put it the rear window of my '11 hatchback. Does anyone know if this could be problematic in terms of the defroster?

Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
yeah, those wires are easy to mess up. Just ask the tint shop in AZ that raped the defroster on my Altima. I get about 4 lines of defrost during the awesome Illinois winters now :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The "sticker" has no adhesive...it sticks purely due to static cling...should be okay right?

Aside from the removal issue, which shouldn't be an issue since there is no adhesive, I am mainly worried about the sticker while the defroster is in operation...will it damage the sticker? Melt? I don't want to have a mess back there...

·
Cheeky Bastage!
2,731 Posts
yeah, those wires are easy to mess up. Just ask the tint shop in AZ that raped the defroster on my Altima. I get about 4 lines of defrost during the awesome Illinois winters now :D
I have the exact same situation with my rex...did you go back to them about it?

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
The defroster isn't going to do anything to the decal. It doesn't get hot enough.

·
Registered
595 Posts
If i'm not mistaken.. the defroster doesnt get above around 40 degrees.. its just a constant 40 that melts it.. it doesnt go high enough otherwise it would shatter the glass if the glass was cold.. =)
Just my two cents

1 - 8 of 8 Posts