ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks, now this is a weird one....earlier in the week my rearview mirror (auto dimming/compass) developed what looks like an oval 'bubble' in it.

If I press on the glass I can move the edges of it around somewhat, it looks like somehow air has got in there between what I assume is the mirror and LCD.

So.... has anyone ever heard of this, is there a simple method to push the air out....or replace the mirror section without having to replace the unit to the tune of $167 ?

Thanks,

Richard

2002 WRX Wagon

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
There is an air pocket int he liquid crystal....I would have it replaced under warranty as its supposed to last the life of the car.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm past the regular 3/36k.......would that be covered under some other clause, bit like the powertrain or emmisions parts......or do I just need to go down there and gripe ?

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
You need to do some high performance griping ;). Something liek a rear view mirror should definately last the life of the car, it was because of a defect that you have that air bubble in it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree...I'll probably send the wife down there...she'lll get it replaced, she's the best at that sort of stuff...she was on first name terms with one of the owners after several other fixes and a bunch of my CD's were stolen it was in their shop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts