ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I have been reading that plastic on plastic crackling/straining noises is "normal" for WRX models, but I've had mine for 2 weeks and for the past few days I've heard a plastic on plastic crackling noise near the rear passenger seat. It seems like it's the plastic casing around the small window on the side - where the round plastic inserts are, but I can't really tell. All I know is that it's annoying as all hell.

Any suggestions about what to look at? I checked the seatbelt to make sure that wasn't it - but it's not a metal on plastic sound.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know, I was thinking about this. Guess I could just remove it for now. Thanks!! Nice to know there's a potential solution at least.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
It's that little gap between the bar and the end cap that allows it to rattle. I lined the inside of it (between the black plastic and silver metal where the spring is located) with the "fuzzy" side of velcro tape. I haven't heard it since.

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
It's that little gap between the bar and the end cap that allows it to rattle. I lined the inside of it (between the black plastic and silver metal where the spring is located) with the "fuzzy" side of velcro tape. I haven't heard it since.
Stalker. I thought I kept my garage & car locked. When did you see that in my car?

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
Stalker. I thought I kept my garage & car locked. When did you see that in my car?
I know the passcode for the garage door. Its the part number for rally armors. :tongue:

·
Premium Member
10,822 Posts
I know the passcode for the garage door. Its the part number for rally armors. :tongue:
You will be pleased to know that I have ordered a second set of RA mudflaps for the fozzie.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts