ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive checked a lot of places and here is my issue at hand....buddy just bought a pretty beat up RSimpreza and were building it at his shop seems to be running pretty lean from what we can tell but he had a old A/F gauge in his sti and is trying to TEMP install it into his car as of now to double check everything... were planning on wiring into the harness onto the rear o2 sensor(guys a wiring gooroo) on my wrx it seems to be the blue wire i think how they guy installed it in my car and mine "seems" to be working correctly ...my question is does he wiring into the blue wire? he has the same wiring on my current wrx 2006 two blacks one white and the blue and i just do not want to give him mis directions and would love your guys help!!

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
The rear O2 sensor is not wide band, so it's going to be useless for an AFR gauge. You will need to buy a wide band sensor to go with your gauge if you want real numbers you can use.

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
Wiring it up that way isn't going to give you useful information, at all. If you really want to hook it up to have some blingy useless light show, I'd recommend splicing in at the ECU.

The only way you'll get accurate and useful readings is with a wideband O2 sensor and associated gauge.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
If you're not willing to pay for a wideband sensor and gauge you can log the ECU readings from the front O2 sensor to get an idea of the AFR..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is a aem wideband sensor but the wires were burned so he re did them but its been ages since his worked on it and cant remeber the readings for the signal wire i might just have to tell him buy a new one lol i was iffy on the whole thing cuz NB A/F gauges are just light shows

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
The rear O2 is used for fueling on the 2.5L cars. If you want to monitor fueling, you should install a bung on the downpipe before it turns under the car. I believe AEM recommends 18" from the turbo (RTFM, though, as I may be wrong).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts