Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The manual shows heat ducts for back seat passengers, which are positioned under the front seats. I recently switched the airflow to the floor and placed my hand in front of these ducts. MUCH TO MY SURPRISE, THERE IS NO AIR FLOW THROUGH THESE DUCTS.

Evidently my ducts are not connected. Please check your ducts and let me know if they operate properly. :eek:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I checked my car yesterday. Doesn't appear to have any heat coming out in the rear floor board area.

You said you saw it in the owner's manual. I wonder if that is something that is specific to the non-WRX Imprezas. Some things are model specific. It's possible that the different seats in the WRX interfere with the rear heat ducts so maybe they don't install them in the WRX. Only a guess though...

·
Registered
400 Posts
Had the passenger seat out today putting my new leather in. I saw what looked like 2 ducts but they were in the very front and looked like they would blow on the amp.

G

·
I believe that air "bleeds" to these ducts and it won't be a noticeable CFM. If you want to force air through there, plug up your front floor ducts, set the mode to floor only, cold, and high blower. Get your finger wet and it should feel a cooling sensation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts