ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was stuck in traffic (i live in a college town and school has just started) to go do some photography, when all of a sudden i see something coming in my rear view mirror and then there is just a LOUD bang and a jolt. after realizing what had happened, then pissed, i composed myself pulled over to inspect the damage. the other kid also pulled over, asked if iwas ok, etc.. from the sound i though the bumper was going to be mangled, but it's just a few scratches and it seems pushed in a bit. you can see some distortion along the inner edge of the license plate area. anyway, pic:

not too bad, but being that i got the car maybe five weeks ago i am upset. i got the kid's information and all so i am good there. this also follows upon the keying incident from three weeks ago (a mere two weeks after i picked her up) pic of that:

i'm beginning to think the car is bad luck!

with all these scratches i'm thinking i'm going to try to touch it up myself (i'd rather spend money on mods than a pro paint job). i think i'm going to do my sideskirts first to see how my skills at doing this are. if i can get those looking nice, then i'll tackle these other ones. (and then have this kid pay for paint and supplies, better than going through insurance for sure)

bleh, situations like this make me upset.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i know it could be a lot worse, but on a new car every little thing that happens to it is terrible you know?

it's not too bad. i'm going to try my hand at painting the sideskirts, and if that goes well, i'll try these other blemishes as well.

·
Banned
566 Posts
That is excatly what happened to my sti same dent and all on the bemper. I am gettign mine fixed and the total was 650.00 only cause they have to get a new bumper skin. Good thing it wasnt any worse!!

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Just make sure the foam crap inside the bumper is still ok, if it is not and fails the next time (hopefully there is no next time) you get hit, it will be much worse.

-joe

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NJwrbT-WRX: i will check that today when i get home, thatnks for the heads up.

Blue2004WRX: yep, i graduated in may, but i still work for the school until i figure what i want to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts