Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I joined here last month but haven't posted anything since my intro post because I've been able to find everything I needed to know in the archives. So, sorry for posting out of the blue...just thought I'd share my recent bad luck with you all. On 11/6 I was sitting at a traffic light waiting to make a left turn from a turning lane when all of a sudden I feel a hard bump behind me. I look in the rearview mirror but there's no car behind me. Off to the right I see a Ford F350 towing a long trailer with a dangling tail light. I end up chasing the guy for a mile flashing my lights and honking my horn. He never stopped so I called his plate in to 911. I kept chasing him, even through a red light, and finally he stopped in some parking lot. He says he didn't know he hit me but then he says it was my fault! I was stopped and he hit me. It was clearly his fault and I'm pretty sure the insurance companies are going to agree. This happened with 1700 miles on the odometer.

The second accident happened last week on 11/18. This time my wife and my 2 1/2 week old son were in the car. I was on a busy two lane road stopped behind some cars when all of a sudden...bam! Some punk kid in his '99 Civic Si slammed into the back of me doing between 25 mph and 35 mph. My son screamed really loud which scared the crap out of me. It happened in front of a 7-11 so we pulled into the parking lot. The kid pulls in with his bass still thumping and gets out of the car. He apologizes and says, "I was just trying to read your bumper to see if your car was a WRX." This was BS because he was behind me at a stoplight 5 minutes earlier revving his coffee can exhaust and creeping up on my bumper. The real reason why he hit me was because he was talking on his damn cell phone. I told him this and he just kept apologizing. Then the little punkass has the nerve to say, "I saw that your car was already damaged so I figured you wouldn't really care [that I hit you]." I took my sunglasses off and looked him in the eye and said, "I do care, my wife and baby are in the car crying right now." It took everything I had not to beat this kid. I guess what kept me from really hurting him was the fact that his car was messed up worse than mine. He needed a tow truck but mine was still drivable. Ironically, this kid lives right down the street from me. Before I left I figured I'd be a bit of a smartass myself. I said, "If they decide to total your car let me know. I'll take your motor and put it in my civic." He didn't really see the humor in it. :) This accident happened with 2100 miles on the odometer. I get the accident photos back from wal-mart today. I'll scan them and post a link to the pics later today. Thanks for listening and be careful out there!

·
1,379 Posts
Aw, man, I'm really sorry to hear that. :( I almost got rear-ended a couple of weeks ago- someone in a PT cruiser was apparently off in la-la land- fortunately I saw them coming and was able to be sure no one was in the intersection while stomping the gas, then dropped the clutch just before they locked their brakes up completely. AWD assured I could squirt through the (thankfully) empty intersection while he slid well past where I was originally sitting and partially into the intersection. :eek: That was scary, but it was even scarier thinking that if people had been coming through the intersection, he probably would have both creamed me and pushed me out into traffic. :mad:

I'm glad you and your family is okay, good luck getting your WRX back up to spec! :hopeful smile:

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
OO Man that is terrible. Im glad you and your wife and kid are ok. That kid deserved a beaten. my brother just crashed his 2000 Eclipse GT when it was raining on thursday. He was in the right lane of the Garden State Parkway doing the speed limit(it was really nasty out) when a riced out Civic flew by him at around 70 then spun and my brother went right to avoid him and got 3/4 of his car past the civic then boom. He gets plowed into the back off, spins and hits a guardrail head on. The body shop is determining how much its going to cost today. It might be totalled. He was ok though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
hey dan that sux, you always told me your brother like the eclipse. well my prelude also got hit but it was'nt while i was in it. i went into the burger king parking lot to cool down cuz i was already pissed cuz my fender liner shredded off like 30 minutes before. so i get in my car and im about to drive off and i hear this scratching sound. i get out and see what happened when my friend looks at the passenger fender and asks "was that there before?" i had a huge dent in it and it looked like it was from an SUV. so now i have ricey VIS Z3 fenders.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
glad to hear that your wife and kid are ok....sorry to hear that the rex got f'ed up already....i almost got side swiped by a 'stang a few weeks ago...real scary feeling....

obviously his fault so at least no money out of your pocket....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the support everyone. It seems like everyone's getting into accidents lately. It's good to hear that no one is getting hurt badly. My back is pretty sore from the second accident. The doctor prescribed some pretty good pain killers though. :) As promised, here's the link to my accident pics on my website...http://www.geocities.com/daetherbunny/wreck/wreck.html

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Hey Kirril thanks, cant wait to hear whats gonna happen to it.

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Damn! Sorry about your wagon :( I hope this doesn't happen again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts