Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is the rear diff really protect it that much. I don't plan on to rally the car, just around my house a course that is home made. Not big at all maybe 30 seconds or so of fun! Now is it really mandatory? Also is it easy to put it in. I assume so because it's just bolted up. thank you

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
If all you are doing is going around a course you set up, its probably a lot less necessary than if you were doing rallyx, or hitting other roads. This is a funny topic because I just had a dream about my car being up on a lift, and the tech talking about how bada$$ed my diff guard looks. I've got a guard from www.duffguards.com, and I like it a lot. Pretty easy to install, and helps me piece of mind wise. I know if I hit a huge rut or big snow chunk it won't hit the rear diff. It also allows for a great jacking point for the rear of the car.

-J

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WTF!! i'm sitting here watching 24hrs of lemans and i open the box and look at the instructions to see what size sockets i need so look at it and i need a freakin pry bar??!! huh!!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I'm not sure what you are talking about, but it is possible that they reccomend a pry bar for the bolts that are in the holes currently. There are 4 bolts (2 on each side) that are in there from the factory. They were super tight, considering they weren't doing anything. I don't think you actually need a pry bar though, just a couple muscles.

-J

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thechickencow said:
I'm not sure what you are talking about, but it is possible that they reccomend a pry bar for the bolts that are in the holes currently. There are 4 bolts (2 on each side) that are in there from the factory. They were super tight, considering they weren't doing anything. I don't think you actually need a pry bar though, just a couple muscles.

-J
no it can't be those because u toss those out and put in the new ones after. I can imagine how tight they are i'll find out for sure in a few hours

1 - 7 of 7 Posts