ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 2004 wrx wagon. I need to replace the rear cat but I don't want to pay for an OEM one as they are very expensive. I found two magnaflow DF converters here Catalytic Converters for 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX | StreetPerformance.com #1 is part number 23149 for $153.22 and the 2nd is part number 49984 for $294.60. They seem to be the same except for one mentions OBDII converter. Will the cheaper one suffice or do I need the OBDII one? Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Hello I have a 2004 wrx wagon. I need to replace the rear cat but I don't want to pay for an OEM one as they are very expensive. I found two magnaflow DF converters here Catalytic Converters for 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX | StreetPerformance.com #1 is part number 23149 for $153.22 and the 2nd is part number 49984 for $294.60. They seem to be the same except for one mentions OBDII converter. Will the cheaper one suffice or do I need the OBDII one? Thanks!!
Just out of curiousity do you need to replace it for your emissions? Depending on how your state/county is regulated it might be cheaper to either buy a used aftermarket downpipe or even just punch out the damaged cat convertor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts