ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right rear caliper is hanging and has worn outside pad to metal. Just purchased this 2002 WRX and rotor appears to be new leading me to believe this may have happened before.

Is it an acceptable practice to remove caliper without removing bracket?

If so please highlite the steps...

Txs.

JWH

·
Æternum
20,905 Posts
Right rear caliper is hanging and has worn outside pad to metal. Just purchased this 2002 WRX and rotor appears to be new leading me to believe this may have happened before.

Is it an acceptable practice to remove caliper without removing bracket?

If so please highlite the steps...

Txs.

JWH
If you are only replacing the pads, you need not remove the brackets. However, if you are replacing the rotor, the bracket will need to be removed from the knuckle.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are only replacing the pads, you need not remove the brackets. However, if you are replacing the rotor, the bracket will need to be removed from the knuckle.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Txs zax, unforunately I do need to replace the caliper and understand I should be able to do this without removing the bracket. I understand there are clips holding the center section in place...

Any thoughts?

Thanks again for your information and response.

JWH

·
Æternum
20,905 Posts
Txs zax, unforunately I do need to replace the caliper and understand I should be able to do this without removing the bracket. I understand there are clips holding the center section in place...

Any thoughts?

Thanks again for your information and response.

JWH
Yes, they are sliding calipers. You can remove the caliper from the bracket without removing the bracket itself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts