Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2015 ISM WRX Premium
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so a few months ago (June) I installed a set of Whiteline Lowering Springs with 3/4" Subtle Solutions spacer on the back shocks to level it out.
Picked up a set of Whiteline/SPC rear LCAs and installed them as well, did a quick "self" alignment and then took it to my mechanic.

Anyways, they tried to even out the front and rear on the Hunter machine... Front came down to spec but they can't get there rear alignment to spec. Something about how the adjustable camber bolt "notch" is almost non existent on the LCA and the best they could get was Camber Left Rear: -2.8º and Camber Right Rear: -2.3º

I've read mixed reviews on the Whiteline LCAs but anyone have this issue? Toe is fine, they can adjust that but just rear camber is ... and I would be already having them just run it -2.3 on both sides if they could. They recommended getting a new set or calling Whiteline.. but I jumped the gun on a BF Sale for the SuperPros -- If I don't have to use them though... any thoughts/advice?

Attached the Alignment Report

Font Parallel Pattern Number Paper

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
19,856 Posts
The trouble is you're not moving both ends of the wheel; you're pushing the bottom out with the LCAs. I'd call Whiteline. The usual logic is set the front up to let the car actually turn and then use rear camber not just to plant the tail but also to prevent understeer, so people run twice the negative camber up front than they do in the rear. However I don't have your chassis and don't even know if any of that is true for your real life car. Ask Whiteline how much camber you can run toward + with their LCAs at your ride height and see what they say. Another potential issue is whether the car is actually sitting the same on the spacer on either side or not.

·
Registered
2015 ISM WRX Premium
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The trouble is you're not moving both ends of the wheel; you're pushing the bottom out with the LCAs. I'd call Whiteline. The usual logic is set the front up to let the car actually turn and then use rear camber not just to plant the tail but also to prevent understeer, so people run twice the negative camber up front than they do in the rear. However I don't have your chassis and don't even know if any of that is true for your real life car. Ask Whiteline how much camber you can run toward + with their LCAs at your ride height and see what they say. Another potential issue is whether the car is actually sitting the same on the spacer on either side or not.
Thanks for that. Double checked the spacers and they are the delrin 3/8” (not 3/4) and used new shock mount studs. We’re seated alright. Taking them to AZP (Subaru shop) on Saturday. Only thing they can think of is that the other place that did the alignment might not be familiar with the process where you loosen the camber bolt and toe bolt at the same time, they might’ve tried to do one and the other or even relied too heavily on a misaligned Hunter machine.

Even if we can only spec it to -2.3 in the rear. I’ll live with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 ISM WRX Premium
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All set, AZP said that a basic shop’s Hunter machine doesn’t have parameters for aftermarket parts (obv) so they were able to dial the alignment front and back for spirited and daily driving.

New alignment specs:

FR: -1.6 Toe: -.02
FL: -1.5 Toe: -.03
RR: -1.7 Toe: .12
LR: -1.6 Toe: .12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Glad to see they fixed it. I got the SPC rear control arms and the tech i work with did the alignment with a little bit of adjusting and readjusting he got it dialed in for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts