Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
My WRX is idling really really low... about 200-400rpm. Could anyone tell me what maybe the problem and if i need to get anything fixed. Thanks

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I don't think your car CAN idle at 200rpm... Do you have any mods? What does the motor feel like? Did it always do this? Any rhyme or reason to why/when this started happening?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't think your car CAN idle at 200rpm... Do you have any mods? What does the motor feel like? Did it always do this? Any rhyme or reason to why/when this started happening?

Well, its under the half way mark (between 0 and 1,000rpm) The only mod i have on my car so far is (MRT Cold Air INtake with UNIfilter) My motor feels a little rough also, it kind of shakes the car and its happen a couple times before, but i never paid too much attention to it until now.:confused: :confused:

·
1,377 Posts
half way between 0 and 1000 is 500, that's where the car idles. So it's normal. And mine will shake a little bit every so often at idle too. Unless it's a violent shaking not a mild shake I'd say you have a 'normal' car.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
beastcivic said:
half way between 0 and 1000 is 500, that's where the car idles. So it's normal. And mine will shake a little bit every so often at idle too. Unless it's a violent shaking not a mild shake I'd say you have a 'normal' car.
I'll ditto that...mine does it too.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Normal idle = ~500rpm for me too.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I had an APS intake that made my car idle very rough and run lean. I didnt even get around the block before I came back and went back to my stock intake. A lot of aftermarket intakes give false MAF readings resulting in a lean condition. I would only use this intake if you can tune for it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts