Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RealHID (TM) 8000 kelvin HID GB!!

We are officially launching the RealHID kits group Buy starting tomorrow, ending December 13. These kits give you true HID bulbs, and are complete plug in kits. Kits include ballasts, ignitors, bulbs, and heavy duty wiring kit.

Available bulb styles are:

9007, H7, H1, H4 (for stock GC8 headlights.

For those of you with stock WRX headlights and stock 2.5 RS headlights, you will loose your "brights" as a result of installing this kit, but you will be AMAZED at the light output. Those with Morettes for the WRX, Legacy, and 2.5 RS, as well as those with the JDM projectors, you will still retain usage of your high beams, as those lights all use a seperate bulb for low and high.

Price for the complete kit is $350.00 each shipped. All orders will be shipped at the close of the Group Buy on December 14, 2002, and everyone will ahev their units in hand just prior to the Holidays.

All major credit cards are accepted, plus cash, money order, and bank checks. Sorry, no Paypal.

To order, simply give us a call at (631)254-8277

Adam
Z-1 Performance
www.z1auto.com

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Interested, but what brand are the electronic components in this kit? What brand are the bulbs?

Thanks, MK

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These kits utilize Hella ballasts (rebadged), but not sure of the bulbs 9there are only 2 or 3 makers anyway)..We have used these kits extensively since their introduction about 1.5 years ago, and in all that time, just 1 kit failed, and was covered as a manufacturers defect (which is a 6 month warranty from date of original purchase).

Adam
Z-2 Performance
www.z1auto.com

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NOTE: fopr those wishing to contact us today (Thursday), to discuss parts or to place an order, please do som via AIM.....our screenname is z1auto. Due to the weather, we will not be at the shop today, but will be online throughout the day.

Thanks
Z-1 Performance

·
Registered
8 Posts
hid

If I buy these now and use them with my stock lights will the output be diff? Just brighter, whiter?? If I then go with Morettes or something like that in the future could I just buy the diff. type bulb and use that?? thanks

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
How hard is it to install these? Is there a lot of rewiring that needs to be done?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Scoobdog...difference is unreal actually...much more lightouput, much better color as well.

If you get Morettes in the future, some companies out there do offer the HID bulbs only....best bet iis to do a search on the internet..pricing is ususally around $150/pair.

No wiring to cut or splice at all..100% plug and play.

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Z1 Performance said:

No wiring to cut or splice at all..100% plug and play.
Wow sweet...so you wouldn't even have to take out your headlights then...just like replacing your stock bulbs?

Got any pics of what these look like on a Rex? :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope, headlights can remain inplace (though they are easy to remove anyway..tkaes about 2 minutes per side.

All that you need to do is mount the ballast, ignitor, and put the bulb in the housing and make the connections (idiot proof)! Typical install is about an hour.

Adam
Z-1 Performance

·
Registered
256 Posts
what will happen to the daytime driving lights?
wouldnt the ballast get power when you drive in the day time?

what happen then ?
i think it wont be enough juice to start the HID's but wouldnt that have an negative effect? little power to the ballast for a long time?

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
nevergivethatup said:
what will happen to the daytime driving lights?
wouldnt the ballast get power when you drive in the day time?

what happen then ?
i think it wont be enough juice to start the HID's but wouldnt that have an negative effect? little power to the ballast for a long time?
You probably want to disable your DRL if you install HIDs :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
well i guess this g/b is over?
if so how much can i get one of these kits for for the morette lowbeams..(that i got from you adam) lol and do you have any pictures of the light i want to have a purple light like on teh S2000 or some of the audis

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.