ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a 2004 WRX 5MT with UP & TBE. On the lame factory boost gauge I'm hitting 10-11 psi in 1st & 2nd gears & cannot hit higher than 13 psi in any gear, any time, any weather, & any elevation.

So I've read several threads on adjusting the waste gate rod about two turns to get a little faster & stronger boost.

Is it true is my 1st question & does it last or does it revert back to what it was after driving a while??

J.D.

P.S. my goal is to hit 14.5 psi - 16.0 psi

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One thing I did not mention is that I do not here any wastegate flutter maybe I can't here it over the TBE.

My reason for thinking of doing this is for a little extra boost. When I am WOT I can't get more than .09(13.05)psi & I really wan't to see the .01(14.50) bar.

Would this do it??

J.D.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Adjusting the wastegate will only make the car hit the set boost that the ECU will allow on a stock boost controller. I can't hardly believe you don't hear any fluttering? It wouldn't be at WOT it would be only at partial throttle around 0 psi and then it would go away because the wastegate would shut. When I tightened mine the most boost I could get was 13.5 psi (stock) and when I got carried away and tightened it too high I got boost creep like a mother f*cker and hit fuel cut.

If you're hitting 13 lbs, which on the stock boost gauge what you're seeing as 13.05 lbs is probably more like 13.5, and you can't hear the fluttering, don't mess with it.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet thanks for the feedback.

I think I need to practice patience & just wait for my Accessport. Then I should get a little higher boost.

J.D.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts