ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My slightly used WRX came with tint from the previous owner. I find this tint to be too light and would like to have it redone. However, I have been told that removing the old tint can leave glue and such on the windows despite proper cleaning, leading to a less than ideal new tint. Some have suggested that new tint simply isn't worth it, while others suggested adding to the current tint to make it uniform. Suggestions?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Don't add any tint shop should be able to remove old tint

" Not a ideal job but they should do it"

May cost a little more

·
Registered
850 Posts
I've removed tints with a Kmart/Sears bought Shark steamer an a good glass cleaner. It was time consuming, but worth the $30 saved from the tint shop that was replacing them. Took about 30 mins on a B6 Audi S4, including the rear window.

Any tint shop should have no problem removing the tints and all adhesive residue. If they cannot, they should not be working on your car.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
Any tint shop should have no problem removing the tints and all adhesive residue. If they cannot, they should not be working on your car.

^this.. although they will charge to remove it.

I used a bottle of acetone, several rags, and plenty of elbow grease. No glue left behind.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I used to work at a shop that put on tints and I remember removing them occasionally and it wasn't a big deal, just need to take your time when you do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts