Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RE: Air Filter

Quick question . . . how important is it to go with an OEM air filter for the engine vs. say buying a WIX air filter at O'Reillys?

I'm a bit particular when it comes to oil filters and tend to go with the Subaru oil filter based on past experiences with non-OEM oil filters on other vehicles (i.e. filter construction).

·
Super Moderator
10,960 Posts
Wix makes great filters.

It's more important you stay away from cotton oiled filters than anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply XJ . . . I knew to avoid the oiled filters, but wasn't sure about the quality of non-OEM air filters.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm running an AC Delco A975C drop in. It flows a little more than OEM but provides the best filtration over any of the drop in filters available. I was running a foamin HKS mega flow drop in but my car started to hesitate and such, my tuner told me to stay on the AC Delco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,611 Posts
I missed this when you asked Firefighterjake. I cannot answer about filter quality but it has reminded me I need to change my filter. Also, you mention O'Reillys. Do you like them? I have always used Autozone but recently had better experience in an O'Reillys - for example, they sell replacement wiper refills (just the rubber strips) and Autozone only carries the whole arms. I was able to replace just the rubber and keep my OEM metal arm; I liked that.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I find O'Reillys to be like most other automotive shops . . . the nice thing though is they give me a discount when I come in after work while wearing my uniform . . . something I never ask for, but is always appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts