ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D

Just got my RE-01r's! Can't wait to install them! :D

I'm going to get them installed, and do an alignment sometime next week. Should compliment the sways, and pinks well. :D (can you tell I'm all grins? :D)

TireRack was a pretty damned good price on them.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
it seems like they are great performers. i want new tires

·
Registered
11,850 Posts
:D

Just got my RE-01r's! Can't wait to install them! :D

I'm going to get them installed, and do an alignment sometime next week. Should compliment the sways, and pinks well. :D (can you tell I'm all grins? :D)

TireRack was a pretty damned good price on them.
Sweet! I wanted to get a set of those but they don't make them in the right size I needed. Great tires though from what I've heard.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
my next set of tires will have to be all-seasons. but once my khumo's go (i hope they go quickly), but once they go i will be going with re01's.

give us a review, once they are on and you've driven on them for a good bit.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
i know absolutely nothing about tires. are those nice?
They are the number 1 rated extreme summer performance tires on Tire Rack. So I'm hoping so. They are very similar in performance to the stock RE070's from STi's, but they have better comfort characteristics from what I've read. (less road noise, and softer ride) and they have better drive-ability in the rain.

give us a review, once they are on and you've driven on them for a good bit.
Definitely will.

I tried to bend the sidewall in with the majority of my weight.. and they don't budge. These are some stiff tires.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I tried to bend the sidewall in with the majority of my wait.. and they don't budge. These are some stiff tires.
nice, the one thing i hate about my kumho's are their soft sidewalls.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
34 Posts
all i can say is good choice meng. i absolutley love mine, just make sure to keep them rotated being that they are a SOFT tire! ENJOY!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
that all depends on your driving. ive had them on for about 7,000 miles and they are slightly worn. but my driving is mostly to and from work, with the spirited romp every once and a while. mainly highway/interstate on/off ramps....:tongue:

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that all depends on your driving. ive had them on for about 7,000 miles and they are slightly worn. but my driving is mostly to and from work, with the spirited romp every once and a while. mainly highway/interstate on/off ramps....:tongue:
well.. by comparison I wore the stockers off in 18k miles... so I'll expect maybe 10-15 out of these guys.

·
Registered
34 Posts
either way good luck, and just remember YOU ARE NOW RIDING ON TIRES AS SOFT AS MARSHMELLOWS BUT WITH THE GRIP OF CHEWED BUBBLEGUM

thats the best and ONLY way of describing the RE01-r's...

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
either way good luck, and just remember YOU ARE NOW RIDING ON TIRES AS SOFT AS MARSHMELLOWS BUT WITH THE GRIP OF CHEWED BUBBLEGUM

thats the best and ONLY way of describing the RE01-r's...
I guess I won't be able to go offroading any more :(

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Do you have the MX?

I have the Ecsta SPT's. good tires but noisey, soft sidewalls and a little unpredictable at their brink.

I'll probably get one more summer out of them. i'll be switching back to my crap re-92's for the winter

edit: you guys in SoCal, AZ, TX, Fl..etc..are lucky. you guys can stay on your summers year round.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have the Ecsta SPT's. good tires but noisey, soft sidewalls and a little unpredictable at their brink.

I'll probably get one more summer out of them. i'll be switching back to my crap re-92's for the winter
The MX's were my other option. They seemed like they'd be pretty intensely good for the price. But then I noticed the sale on re-01r's on tire rack. And bought them immediately.

·
Registered
34 Posts
edit: you guys in SoCal, AZ, TX, Fl..etc..are lucky. you guys can stay on your summers year round.
thats what sucks cuz im planning on going home (ohio) for x-mas... cant wait to see how the 0 rating for snow on the RE01-R's takes it... lol

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
well.. by comparison I wore the stockers off in 18k miles... so I'll expect maybe 10-15 out of these guys.
I think the RE-01R will be my next set of AX tires. I would also think that with regular rotation you should get 15-20k out of them with out much trouble.

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think the RE-01R will be my next set of AX tires. I would also think that with regular rotation you should get 15-20k out of them with out much trouble.
so... 1 year. lol. :D

I put 18k on from last september to this.

·
Registered
386 Posts
thats what sucks cuz im planning on going home (ohio) for x-mas... cant wait to see how the 0 rating for snow on the RE01-R's takes it... lol
They will suck, they will get like frozen bubble gum. I would not use them if the temp goes below 40 degs. You can ask my insurance company how I know.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts