Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
This is my first time posting so go easy on me...I have an 09 wrx hatch and there's some rattling coming from these little vents on my dash. Does anyone know if I can take them out to see what's going on? Thanks! 20160917_091027.jpg

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,611 Posts
Well... I am not sure but i'd guess they just snap in/out. Probably can be popped out with a butter knife slid in at the snap areas. Have to feel around to find em. But careful not to snap the knife. Also I had a rattling dashboard area and just put a credit card thingy in the crack to stop the noise. If you can stop it by pushing on it then that may work. What is that thing beside the vent?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea when I push them the right way they stop rattling so I'll just try wedging something in there to see if that helps. And it's the microphone for my bluetooth calling in the stereo...I don't like it near the gauge cluster so I put it up there lol

·
Premium Member
6,716 Posts
I would [carefully] pop them out, put a couple small dabs of silicone around the clips and corners, let it dry a little bit, then pop them back in and take it for a test drive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts