ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
got an 02 wagon and the rear hatch is noisy, over bumps in the road it makes a kind of rattle or even a squeaky noise like the rear window is coming loose, does anyone else experience this and what did you do to fix it......its annoying........thanks in advance

·
Registered
364 Posts
I wrapped some rags around the jack in it compartment, tightened down the spare, and the removed the interior trim that was missing 3 clips and rattling. The window still squeaks though. I imagine new weather seal might help or a rear strut bar to minimize the body flex which is what I'm guessing is causing it to some extent.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
may have mostly fixed it

I opened up the hatch and started shaking things and seeing if I could make the sound happen or something like it and I found that when I jiggled the plastic panel near the bottom passenger side it collides with the sheet metal on the inside of the hatch....I undid the 3 lower snap clips holding the plastic panel in place so I could apply some thin weather strip between the plastic and metal surfaces so now when reassembled the noise seems to have disappeared.....I will let you guys know in a few days if it really did work longterm..... cant always trust the 2 min test drive;).....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts