ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
During the time I've owned an Impreza, we've had countless users with user names like "Subie4evay0!" and other such nonsense. We still get a few that sign up, realise there's nobody interested, and go about their way -- perhaps making a mental note to come back when they've moved out of their mom's basement and have their own apartment with their STi parked outside, perhaps not; who's to know or care?

It's painfully obvious to everyone except perhaps those posters that when they say "I'm keeping this car forever" and when they say "I've wanted this car for so long" they're really talking about a period of months. Then they wrap it around a lamp post, hit something else, and/or sell it in some state of disrepair or other.

Anyway, my point: I've yet to meet anyone that says they're Subaru for life (ugh...) that can name the visible stars in the Pleiades. They'll pay for a pink emblem, sure, and put it on their JDM-bro grille, but they can't name the stars. Granted, Merope is difficult to see with the naked eye. Note that I'm not asking for someone to spell the names; it's a challenging language. I'm asking for the names. The stars are named after the daughters of the titan, Atlas. Sailors who may not own any car at all, let alone a Subaru, can name them...

On the bright side, the Subaru fans have stopped using the word "über" incessantly. A small blessing, but a welcome one.

Kids these days.

·
Premium Member
10,806 Posts
The stars are Tom, Jeremy, Ted, Barnaby, Fred, Tim, alabaster, Craig, Donovan, Horace, Jack and Steve.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's correct! I had to look up Barnaby, but yup! It's in there. Correct!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts