ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed something on my '12 subie an wanted to see if this was normal. When in a gear, is it normal for the shifter to have some wiggle room from left to right or should it be solid with no movement?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes oem bushings. All I have is kb sts. I am going to take a quick vid and see if I can post it here.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Side-to-side play is the shift linkage bushings. Replace them with the set Turn-in Concepts offers and that will go away.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Jabbathewhat said:
How hard of an install is it?
Not horrible (I've done about a half dozen sets, both with a lift and ramps/jackstands); the pin is the most difficult part. While you're there, you may as well install the rest of the bushings, though.

TiC sells a complete kit:
06-08 5MT Holy Shift Kit (Wide)

Doing the transmission mount / crossmember bushings wouldn't be a bad idea either, since you'll be right there.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have an '11 and I have that same wiggle when in first gear and yes I'm running stock everything on my car at the moment.

I've only tried wiggling in first though.. so I'm not sure about the other gears..

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have an '11 and I have that same wiggle when in first gear and yes I'm running stock everything on my car at the moment.

I've only tried wiggling in first though.. so I'm not sure about the other gears..
Glad to hear that. If you get a chance to see if it does it in other gears, I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not horrible (I've done about a half dozen sets, both with a lift and ramps/jackstands); the pin is the most difficult part. While you're there, you may as well install the rest of the bushings, though.

TiC sells a complete kit:
06-08 5MT Holy Shift Kit (Wide)

Doing the transmission mount / crossmember bushings wouldn't be a bad idea either, since you'll be right there.
Good to know. I will do the whole shabang when I go at it.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Keep in mind even with bushing your shifter will still have a slight bit of movement but you want that. If you notice, when you hit a bump or are on a rough road the shifter shakes or moves some. This is energy that would otherwise be causing unnecessary wear to the transmission. That is why you shouldn't drive with your hand on the shifter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts