ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know that I want to get a set of these flaps in the next week or so before the weather gets nasty. What are your opinions on the Classic model vs. the Polyurethane Model? Will the classic ones fade at all? Pics would be great too if you have them! I have a PSM Bugeye and was thinking black with red lettering.

Thanks!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Classic vs. Poly?
Matte vs. Gloss?
Stiff vs. Flexible?

You choose!

I went with classics. Prefer the matte finish.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they look good, do you (or anyone else) happen to have any more pics of the whole car with the flaps on? thanks. i'm really stuck here between the classic and UR.

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
I went UR. They look good. Also recently as in yesterday, I was working on my sway bars and the flaps were in the way. So I folded them against the tire in the wheel well, finished my install and put them back to normal. Do that with the classics ;)

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I opted to go with the classics but I haven't put them on yet.......

·
Registered
390 Posts
I went UR. They look good. Also recently as in yesterday, I was working on my sway bars and the flaps were in the way. So I folded them against the tire in the wheel well, finished my install and put them back to normal. Do that with the classics ;)
I curbed my rear right classic, and it made a loud screeching noise, instantly alerting me to the situation and preventing me from curbing my side skirt. Do that with URs ;)

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
I curbed my rear right classic, and it made a loud screeching noise, instantly alerting me to the situation and preventing me from curbing my side skirt. Do that with URs ;)
I dont need too, I have a brain and a mirror that tells me when Im close to a curb.

:rotfl:

·
Not Asian
1,069 Posts
I have the Classics. The matte finish was my preference. Worked well during the snow this week. 100% satisfaction.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
I am brainless and curb my classics all the time :rotfl:

I like my classics but they are starting to get that permanent bend to them at the bottom. If I get new ones, they will be poly. No bend and lots of flex.

You can't really beat either one (unless you go Prodrive for $100+ more)

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have classics mainly because I Have a blue car and wanted the lettering to match.

The Polyurethane ones I believe last longer and like the other guy said the other diff is matte vs glossy

Ive had my mudflaps for 5months and am now getting into the snow and I am loving them

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am brainless and curb my classics all the time :rotfl:

I like my classics but they are starting to get that permanent bend to them at the bottom. If I get new ones, they will be poly. No bend and lots of flex.

You can't really beat either one (unless you go Prodrive for $100+ more)

good point there with the permanent bending....would that be an issue with the polyurethane ones too because of their flexibility?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it seems as if I am leaning toward the URs now....does anyone have any more pictures that they could post, I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I have the UR's....I was driving my car up a set of ramps and I got a little overeager with the throttle and drove off of the ramp. The flaps folded back and touched my sideskirts, no problem, no damage. They also look great glossy on a black car...

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm the outcast here I suppose. I got the basic set. :sadwave:

They are as flimsy as Richard Simmons... hehe... but get the job done.

·
Registered
460 Posts
question was this installing the sway bars or adjusting them - I wanted to get sway bars - will I have a hard time installing and adjusting with the classics

I also chose classics because they had blue writing the PU ones did not

·
Registered
96 Posts
haha did anyone else notice that in "branemaniac" first pic theres a little hotwheels truck sitting on his tire :rotfl:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts