ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm into rallying and all that fun jazz and was looking into a rally bar for a couple lights and a skid plate.

I have an 07 WRX and saw that Rally Innovations made a light bar/skid plate combo piece for older models.
Does anyone know where I can find one for an 07?

or could you throw out some other recomnendations on a rally bar or skidplate for my car?

I love the look of the rally innovations light bar with 2 lights, so something like that would be nice.

·
Registered
111 Posts
light bar

you know what man? i have searched for rally light bars for my 06 and cant find a damn thing so im just gonna make my own.

im taking a welding class right now and im almost done. ill be getting my AWS. not to sure what it stans for... im just trying to get it to make more $$$ as a carpenter, but i think ill be able to fab something up for my car. my friend is supposed to be getting a bender. if everything works out ill let you know. if it goes smooth i might be able to make 2 :cool:

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you know what man? i have searched for rally light bars for my 06 and cant find a damn thing so im just gonna make my own.

im taking a welding class right now and im almost done. ill be getting my AWS. not to sure what it stans for... im just trying to get it to make more $$$ as a carpenter, but i think ill be able to fab something up for my car. my friend is supposed to be getting a bender. if everything works out ill let you know. if it goes smooth i might be able to make 2 :cool:
sounds good man. I've been welding for a while now. too bad I don't have access to my old school's welding shop anymore, otherwise I would have built one myself.
I may have some plans that I made for one though. IDK. if I find em' i'll send em to ya.
but +1 on the fab work. make some plans and show me! it wouldn't be hard at all to make one.

Rally Innovations makes a pretty sexy bar for around the $200 range. loooks good, but you can make one yourself easily.
check it out:
www.rallyinnovations.com

·
Banned
0 Posts
I made my own skid plate:D

I would go to a 4x4 shop in your area and tell them what your plans are. I think it would be a lot cheaper and more effective than the rally innovations one. Just tell them what you want and they should be able to hook you up.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ralliarmor sells a skidplate.
I know. I don't like it very much though, and they want a lot for it.

Beartush's is $30 cheaper and vented and looks better to.

I made my own skid plate:D

I would go to a 4x4 shop in your area and tell them what your plans are. I think it would be a lot cheaper and more effective than the rally innovations one. Just tell them what you want and they should be able to hook you up.
I like this idea. I'm going to do that today. I'll stop by dave's off-road and see what they could do for me.

If I still had access to my old school's fab/auto shop, I would have just made my own. :sadwave:

·
Banned
0 Posts
If I still had access to my old school's fab/auto shop, I would have just made my own. :sadwave:
I think it the welding part would be a sinch. The fitting would be the real trick. Even people with years of expiriance would have a hard time making a peice that would look good enough to be put on. I would love to do the same.
<<<works for a steel welding shop
but I don't think it could replicate the quality a devoted shop could.

·
Banned
0 Posts
oh and I would ask the shop if they could just intigrate the bar and the skid plate into one peice. I think this would give you more protection and be easier to bolt up.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think it the welding part would be a sinch. The fitting would be the real trick. Even people with years of expiriance would have a hard time making a peice that would look good enough to be put on. I would love to do the same.
<<<works for a steel welding shop
but I don't think it could replicate the quality a devoted shop could.
True true. It would have been a nice project though. I could have worked on it over time, but I didn't have my WRX at my welding times...and I don't have any shops to work in right now.

but that's pretty sweeet that you work in a steel welding shop.

oh and I would ask the shop if they could just intigrate the bar and the skid plate into one peice. I think this would give you more protection and be easier to bolt up.
that's an even better idea!

boy am I glad you're here! lol

·
Registered
966 Posts
yeah that set-up is really nice......for an 02-03

·
Registered
2 Posts
Plenty of vendors sell them if you want to go the bolt-on route.

A couple that come to mind:

rallyarmor.com
rallitek.com
get-primitive.com

I'm getting the Primitive Ultra Armor 3/16" front/rear package for RallyX.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts