ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw that there is a event on the 25th, don’t know if you guys usually start a thread or not but I was thinking about meeting up with some people to drive down there, Maybe down in Fort Collins. Also how do you guys do the classing up here? My club was farley new to rallycross so we had three classes SO2 (two wheel drive over 2.0), SU2 (two wheel drive under 2.0), and SO4 (all AWD, 4WD cars).

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Where is it at? I would like to go and start watching, and maybe get into racing, but I need to get my car running 1st.
MCL

·
Registered
149 Posts
Somebody usually starts a thread, but not always. The classing mostly follows SCCA clubrally classes- e.g. most stock subies (WRX, 2.5RS, STi) would be Production GT (PGT), and some stuff (aftermarket computer, camber plates come to mind) bump you to open class. Struts/springs/coilovers are open even in PGT (although stuck suspension isn't a bad choice for most rallycrosses).

I think the next event is at Watkins Morotsports park, which is east of DIA. The link on the main rallycross page seems to be broken, but you can get event info with directions at http://rallycross.coloradorally.org/schedule/schedule_1371.html.

Bring sunscreen, a floppy hat, LOTS of water/gatorade, and don't run low tire pressures (the surface should be pretty hard/smooth, anyway). Bring a helmet if you have one, the loaners will get pretty funky pretty quickly.

Edit: I meant solid camber plates- group N strut tops are fine.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If someone could help me with classing before I the event that would be cool

2.5RS
AGX struts
CAI intake
borla headers
Cat-back
crank pulley
Flywheel
clutch

Also for those that want to meet up let me know.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Burnout said:

2.5RS
AGX struts
CAI intake
borla headers
Cat-back
crank pulley
Flywheel
clutch

Also for those that want to meet up let me know.
I think that the headers have to be stock to be in PGT (they say you have to have the stock exhaust manifold, I think that applies to headers). Also I don't see where they mention pulleys, so they might also bump you to open. Intakes are specifically allowed in our local rallycross, and exhaust and shocks are allowedin PGT. I would advise running in open.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Can we run anything we want? I know the WRX will not be done by then, but I could bring the XT out for some fun. Maybe that will get me to not sell it. Do I need plates on the car? It has temp tags and is stock as far as I know, and is unins. at this point. I don't drive it on the road.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
WickedRydaX said:
Can we run anything we want? I know the WRX will not be done by then, but I could bring the XT out for some fun. Maybe that will get me to not sell it. Do I need plates on the car? It has temp tags and is stock as far as I know, and is unins. at this point. I don't drive it on the road.
Def. bring the XT. it sounds like you could run PGT.

How would you get it there without ins.? very carefully? Or you have a trailer.

It will be tons of fun. Great mod for the nut behind the wheel.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Well if I am going to start rallying it I will just put ins, back on it. I just took it off last week, thinking I was going to sell the car. I may just buy a trail, I think I will need one very soon with all the toys I am getting, and all the moving around I do. Plus I know I'm not the only one on here that needs one from time to time. I will have to look into prices and what not next week.
MCL

·
Registered
149 Posts
WickedRydaX said:
You can run pretty much anything. There are guys who regularly run Foresters and pickup trucks. I think the only real problem would be with something obviously unsafe/out of place off road (convertible, jeep without seat belts, any land rover).

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks blah

So anyone up for meeting before? Would be cool if I could follow someone since I am not too familiar with the area.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Burnout said:

borla headers
crank pulley
Flywheel
clutch

Pretty much any upgrades under the hood puts you in Open besides CAI and exhaust. Times aren't that much different with PGT. This is the smoothest course we run on. Should be fun.:)

·
Registered
414 Posts
I checked out the course about 6:30 pm today. Looks worse then it is. A couple of water traps that we will have to go around. The car did not sink down as much as you would have thought. Take a look at the tire tracks.

·
Registered
414 Posts
This is near the north west mound. Obviously we will go around the puddles. The top of the dirt surface is slick but it is hard less then an inch deep. This area drys very quickly so we should be OK tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts