ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting some really armor mudflaps for the wrx but just wondering if they are actually worth it. Do they actually protect your paint or are they mainly just for show? Also do they flap around and make a lot of noise on the highway while driving?

·
Registered
49 Posts
They're most definitely worth it! They keep rocks and road funk off the side of the car so don't end up with nearly as many chips and scratches. I put a set on mine shortly after I bought it and haven't seen any boo-boos caused by road debris. They do flex a little, but no noise even at highway speeds.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They're most definitely worth it! They keep rocks and road funk off the side of the car so don't end up with nearly as many chips and scratches. I put a set on mine shortly after I bought it and haven't seen any boo-boos caused by road debris. They do flex a little, but no noise even at highway speeds.

Are you still able to run your car through a car wash without any problems with the mudflaps?

·
Premium Member
10,112 Posts
Unless you are making a crap ton of power, or you have turned it into a dune buggy. Seen a few of the later bouncing around youtube.
Tires that wide are pointless on a Subaru.

They may have a place on a race car. But a race car is not a Subaru, it's a race car. Even then, on a drag car you have awd and tires that wide just add weight. So they are pointless there too.

That's also way too wide for anything resembling stock suspension and steering for a road track. So probably pointless there too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts