ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2008 SSM WRX Hatch
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the UR Series worth the price difference from the Basic Series flaps? I like that the basics have the black logos 'cause I'm trying to keep a clean stock look but since my wrx is SSM with black accents I wonder if the black with silver/grey logos would look good too..just don't want it to be too much or too obvious so I'm thinking all black might be better.
Any opinions/product experiences?
Would you do all black or silver/grey logos on a silver hatch? UR or Basic is good too?
Thanks

·
2,564 Posts
I had the UR series black w/gray logo on my OBXT. They were easy to install, never cracked or failed, and they spent a lot of miles on gravel roads. I assume they would mount as easily on the WRX. (My WRX only had OEM flaps)

Full size image available HERE

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have the UR series red with white logos some people say they stick out like a sore thumb but the rest of the car is red and black I think they kinda pop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 SSM WRX Hatch
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't go wrong with black for sure.
For sure. I'm thinking that's my best bet for what I'm going for. The color match of the black and grey/silver is definitely mad tempting though. I just don't know how obvious the logo would be and thats a pretty big price jump between the two. Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
2008 SSM WRX Hatch
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the UR series black w/gray logo on my OBXT. They were easy to install, never cracked or failed, and they spent a lot of miles on gravel roads. I assume they would mount as easily on the WRX. (My WRX only had OEM flaps)

Full size image available HERE

View attachment 325288
Man this is gonna sound stupid but I'm still learning new stuff about subies all the time now that I have one..I did not know they made an Outback XT. I absolutely LOVE the Forester XT but just figured out what obxt means after seeing it a few times now lol
yours looks awesome too and I bet the turbo makes it a blast to drive.
But the black/grey UR flaps don't seem to stick out like I thought they would. Hmm this is a hard choice. Is the urethane more shiny than the Basics (polyblend) in person? The pictures on the site make it seem that way. I'm also thinking the Basics will..well.."flap" more at highway speed since they're a thinner gauge.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Man this is gonna sound stupid but I'm still learning new stuff about subies all the time now that I have one..I did not know they made an Outback XT. I absolutely LOVE the Forester XT but just figured out what obxt means after seeing it a few times now lol
But the black/grey UR flaps don't seem to stick out like I thought they would. Hmm this is a hard choice. Is the urethane more shiny than the Basics (polyblend) in person? The pictures on the site make it seem that way. I'm also thinking the Basics will..well.."flap" more at highway speed since they're a thinner gauge.
I have the poly urethane they seem to be thicker and they don’t flap as much ( yes I actually had a buddy follow me on the highway and take a video) they do move and on my Impreza they hang pretty low so they drag on driveways but they don’t have any wear on them as far as I can see.

·
Registered
2008 SSM WRX Hatch
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the UR series red with white logos some people say they stick out like a sore thumb but the rest of the car is red and black I think they kinda pop

The red looks so dope on the dark grey metallic. It works best with that color subie imo and definitely pops. also probably my favorite color for the hatches. Looks so aggressive especially on the wide body.

·
2,564 Posts
Not stupid at all! Not many of us with an OBXT were here on the WRX forum. I needed a larger vehicle than the WRX wagon, so went with the Outback (back when they were still station wagons and not the UV like this that they are now.) So I found a new 5-speed manual turbo in black to replace the WRX, and then decided to keep both. :) The correct designation was Subaru Outback 2.5 XT Limited 5MT. OBXT is easier to type.

My WRX was mildly prepped for autocross, and the OBXT was outfitted for light off-road and gravel travel while still being comfortable on several week cross-country excursions.)

I specifically chose the black/gray flaps because it was more subtle.

I sold it and the WRX when I bought the Toyota 4Runner in 2016. Sad day to watch them go... :(

·
Registered
105 Posts

Looks good to me! My buddy is considering red mud flaps for his black Civic hatchback, we'll just finish installing the brake kit and fifth wheel hitch on the current Ram project before we start the Civic build project. He'll surely like the looks of your WRX.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks good to me! My buddy is considering red mud flaps for his black Civic hatchback, we'll just finish installing the brake kit and fifth wheel hitch on the current Ram project before we start the Civic build project. He'll surely like the looks of your WRX.

I thought they looked pretty good myself. Mudflaps aren’t for everyone though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts